How can I make money out of my Sportskeeda articles?
Sportskeeda is an absolutely transparent earning platform for sports writers. Every writer on Sportskeeda is automatically on-boarded on to our proprietary Revenue Share platform. Writer have access to their unique dashboard where they can view their earnings on a daily basis. On Sportskeeda, what you see is what you get!
How are my earnings calculated?
Earnings on articles are calculated based on the number of reads/pageviews your articles get. Higher the number of reads, more the earning. Furthermore, any article you write will continue to accrue earnings as long as it keeps receiving reads. All the earnings from all of your articles are automatically calculated by our systems.
How will I get paid?
Sportskeeda pays its writers via 3 modes - electronic bank transfer, PayPal or Payoneer. Depending on your geographical location and the most convenient mode of payment for you, you can update it under payment settings in your dashboard.
Is there a minimum threshold for payments?
Yes, since transfer of very small sums attract service charge (which would further reduce your earnings), we have a minimum threshold for payments. The details are as follows:
Payments within India: USD 16 (Approx INR 1000)
Payments outside India: USD 50
What happens if my earnings don't reach the minimum threshold for payments?
If the minimum threshold is not reached in a given month, the amount would keep accruing till you reach the threshold, and will be paid on the 20th of the succeeding month.
When do I get paid?
The earnings from your articles in any month will be paid by the 20th of the next month, assuming you have crossed the minimum threshold for payment.
Example: If your accrued earnings till June are USD 200, You will get this payment on 20th July. Please ensure that your payment details are filled up correctly.
I live in India, but my earnings are shown in USD.
No need to worry. We display earnings for all writers in USD to maintain a single currency on the dashboard. We convert USD to INR based on the prevailing exchange rate before processing payments.
Why are my articles having similar page views paying out differently?
Views from different countries get paid different amounts. Reads from developed countries generally yield a higher revenue. Hence, articles having similar views but from different geographies will have different payouts.
Why are the reads on my earnings dashboard different from the total reads on my profile page?
Your earnings dashboard will only reflect reads from monetizable countries. Whereas, your profile page will reflect the total reads on the article. Moreover, if any reader has Adblock enabled on their browser, it will not reflect in the earnings dashboard as the reads are not monetizable.
How can I improve my earnings?
Firstly, do not make earnings your priority when you write articles. You will only be able to improve your earnings when you improve your writing. Sportskeeda's audience seeks really high-quality, engaging and trustworthy content. So as a first step, try to meet these criteria. Here are a few things you can work on to ensure that your articles are widely read:
1) Put the readers above yourself. Understand their aspirations and what moves them. Connect with them through your writing.
2) Write for your audience. Always ask yourself two questions. Am I entertaining my audience? Am I telling them something new? If the answer for either of the two questions is "No", then rethink your topic.
3) Write better. Improve your grammar and writing style. Language is a powerful tool, use it well. A great thought that is not well written will only put off the readers. Install Grammarly extension for Chrome to remove basic errors easily.
4) Write for the digital medium. Your audience is mobile with very short attention spans. Use shorter sentences. Don't write long and confusing sentences. Be crisp. Be concise. Keep it simple.
5) Write innovative topics. If you spot a topic that has already received good views, there is no point in attempting it again. Doing the same thing over and over again will not help you. Keep innovating and experimenting.
6) Research well. Being superficial and repeating the facts that your audience already knows is counter-productive. Try to dive deeper into a subject and inform audiences about something they don't know.