Commonwealth Games 2018: 9-member Cycling team announced, Deborah Harold to lead charge
The nine-member team consistes of five women and four men.
Cycling Federation of India announced the 9-member (5 women, 4 men) Cycling team for Commonwealth Games 2018 to be held in Gold Coast, Australia. The team has been selected on the basis of the performance in the Asian Track Cycling Championship held at Nilai (Malaysia) from 16th to 21st February 2018 where Indian team won 4 medals including 3 gold and 1 bronze.
1. Ms. Deborah – Sprint, Kerin, Individual Time Trial, Team Pursuit
2. Ms. Aleena Reji - Sprint, Individual Time Trial, Kerin
3. Ms. M Sonali Chanu – Endurance Events, Team Pursuit
4. Ms. T. Manorama Devi – Endurance Events, Team Pursuit
5. Ms. Amritha Reghunath - Team Pursuit, Point Race
6. Mr. Ranjit Singh - Team Sprint, Individual Time Trial 1000m
7. Mr. Sahil Kumar - Team Sprint, Keirin
8. Mr. Sanuraj P - Team Sprint, Individual Sprint, Keirin
9. Mr. Manjeet Singh – Endurance events
Mr. Onkar Singh, Secretary General of Cycling Federation of India said, “We have announced our best team for Commonwealth Games 2018 where we are expecting a good show from our cyclists. We don’t have a good track record in Commonwealth Games so far but this year our cyclists are in good shape and they will give a good competition to the leading countries like England, Australia and others."
"If everything goes as per our plan then Indian Women Cycling Team will be in the medal tally," he added.