Polus is the biggest map in Among Us, and it is based on an arctic base.
Being the third map in the game, Polus was introduced to the game on 12 November 2019. Among Us has burst out globally as one of the most fun games to play with friends. The presence of multiple maps in Among Us allows players to not only to choose from different surroundings, but also forces strategy changes.
With multiple new tasks and an unqiue security system, Polus is the first map in Among Us which does not have a Cafeteria. Polus is also the first map in the game to provide a custom eject animation with a specific reference to the Terminator 2 movie.
Let's take a look at everything that one needs to know about the Polus Map in Among Us.
Everything to know about Polus in Among Us
The first thing that anyone needs to know about the Polus map in Among Us is the room layout and the names of all the rooms present on the map.
The rooms present in Polus are,
- Boiler Room
- Specimen Room
Unlike Mira HQ, the vents in Polus are not interconnected. Impostors need to be well versed with the vents in Polus, as each vent has a specific inter-connected route. The four vent routes on Polus are,
- One of the vent routes on Polus connects Eletrical, Security, and O2
- The next vent connects the North-West corridor to the North-East corridor of the map
- Another vent route connects Laboratory, Admin and the South Corridor together
- The final vent on the map connects Storage, Communications, and the South Corridor for Impostors to move freely.
Apart from these, players also need to remember that much like The Skeld map, Polus also has security cameras which can be accessed from Admin. Impostors need to be extra careful about not getting caught on these cameras while committing a crime or during the act of venting.
There are a total of 28 possible tasks waiting on Polus, and it is important for players to know about each of them, to either fake them as Impostor, or catch an Impostor trying to fake it. The list of possible tasks on Polus in Among Us are,
- Opening Waterways and replacing the Water Jug in the Boiler Room
- Reboot the wifi in the Communcations Room
- Chart the Course of the space ship, and insert the keys in Dropship
- Download/Upload Data and Fix Wiring in Electrical
- Repair the Drill, Align the Telescope, and Record the Temperature in Laboratory
- Complete Scan and Inspect Sample in MedBay
- Download/Upload Data, Empty Garage, Monitor Tree, and Fill Canisters in O2
- Swipe Card, Download/Upload Data, and Scan Boarding Pass in Office
- Fix Weather Node and Record Temperature tasks are available Outside
- Start Reactor, Download/Upload Data, Unlock Manifolds, and Store Artifacts in Specimen Room
- Refill Fuel in Storage
- Clear Asteroids and Download/Upload Data in Weapons
Be it as a Crewmate or an Impostor, this information about the map will help everyone have a better time on Polus.Published 21 Nov 2020, 01:22 IST