Anti-Mage is a melee agility hero. He is a fast mobile melee agility core hero who is really good against high mana based enemies. He has high attack speed and low attack time with the ability to burn mana of the enemy heroes and burst them down using his ultimate. This abilities along with his spell shield makes him invulnerable against intelligence based heroes. He is a huge threat to intelligence spellcasters.
His signature ability is Mana-Break which burns the mana of enemy heroes also grants him bonus damage on each attack. The mana burn sets enemies up for his ultimate which deals a very high amount of damage on the targeted enemy and all enemies near the target. His second ability is Blink.
Blink is a very useful spell in combat. This makes him elusive and makes him mobile, he can chase, escape or even farm faster using his blink. Anti-Mage is a highly mobile hero at any stage of the game. Spell shield increases his magic resistance, spell shield along with his talent tree makes him almost invulnerable against spells. Mana Void simply deals a huge nuke damage after the Mana is burned from his enemies. It deals damage to the targeted unit and the area around it, dealing a massive AOE damage. Mana Void is one of those spells that scale well in the late game as every hero’s mana pool grows larger over time. His basic abilities, talent tree, and high attack speed makes him a threat to any opponent in the late game. He is an extremely fast farmer this makes him a dangerous hard carry if he is allowed to farm.
Dota 2 Lore of The Anti-Mage:
The monks of Turstarkuri watched the rugged valleys below their mountain monastery as wave after wave of invaders swept through the lower kingdoms. Ascetic and pragmatic, in their remote monastic eyrie they remained aloof from mundane strife, wrapped in meditation that knew no gods or elements of magic. Then came the Legion of the Dead God, crusaders with a sinister mandate to replace all local worship with their Unliving Lord's poisonous nihilosophy. From a landscape that had known nothing but blood and battle for a thousand years, they tore the souls and bones of countless fallen legions and pitched them against Turstarkuri. The monastery stood scarcely a fortnight against the assault, and the few monks who bothered to surface from their meditations believed the invaders were but demonic visions sent to distract them from meditation. They died where they sat on their silken cushions. Only one youth survived--a pilgrim who had come as an acolyte, seeking wisdom, but had yet to be admitted to the monastery. He watched in horror as the monks to whom he had served tea and nettles were first slaughtered, then raised to join the ranks of the Dead God's priesthood. With nothing but a few of Turstarkuri's prized dogmatic scrolls, he crept away to the comparative safety of other lands, swearing to obliterate not only the Dead God's magic users--but to put an end to magic altogether.
Burns an opponent's mana on each attack. Mana Break deals 50% of the mana burned as damage to the target.
Mana Burned with each attack- 28/40/52/64
Burned mana as damage- 50%
1. Mana break's bonus damage is dealt with each attack as it stacks with the right click damage and counts as attack damage.
2. This damage will effect lifesteal health gain but not considered for critical damage or cleave damage.
3. Increases Anti-Mage’s attack damage by 14/20/26/32 against units who has enough mana to burn.
4. Each attack applies the mana loss first and damages after the mana loss.
5. This can not be used on allied units while attacking them.
6. Does not stack with diffusal blade mana burn.
“In his encounter with the Dead Gods, Anti-Mage learned the value of being elusive”
Blink is a short distance teleportation skill that allows Anti-Mage to move in and out of combat, chase enemies or escape from enemy ganks.
Max Blink distance- 925/1000/1075/1150
1. Blink disjoints spells upon casts and spell projectiles. It can be used to dodge or disjoint enemy spells.
2. Does not Blink for the maximum distance if the blink is targeted on a shorter range.
3. Blinks for the max distance when its targeted beyond his max distance.
4. The Illusion created by the Blink talent is created on Anti-Mage’s original cast location.
5. The illusion is uncontrollable, It can act on its own.
6. The illusion is vulnerable. Can be attacked and killed normally.
7. Illusion acts upon auto attack so it will attack the very first enemy coming in its range.
8. It works with basic auto-attack mechanism means it will attack whichever enemy unit will be in its range instead of chasing the first target.
9. If no enemy unit is near the illusion then it will stay at the same place and die after the time period is over.
10. Illusion ignored the player’s auto-attack setting and acts upon basic auto-attack setting.
11. Even if the illusion is enchanted it will still die after 10 seconds.
“Years of meditation and obsession with revenge have hardened Anti-Mage's skin against mystical opponents.”
Increases Anti-Mage's resistance to magic damage.
Magic resistance bonus- 20%/30%/40%/50%
Aghanim Spell Block Cooldown- 12 second
Talent tree Magic resistance bonus- 45%/55%/65%/75%
1. Spell Shield stacks with other resources of magic resistance.
2. Increase Anti-Mage’s total base magic resistance to 62.5% and with the talent tree to 81.25%
3. Aghanim Scepter adds a Spell Block and Spell Reflection on spell shield.
4. Spell block only goes on cooldown after blocking a spell, not with just reflecting a spell. like Toss.
5. If antimage has Linken’s sphere item or buff it will only work after antimage’s spell shield is cooldown. Spell shield will block the first spell and then linken will be able to block another targeted spell.
6. If An-mage has lotus orb buff it will only reflect spell once Spell-shield is on cool down. Else the first reflection will be upon the Spell-shield.
7. Spell-shield has a cooldown so it is affected by all kind of cooldown manipulative spells and items.
8. Spell Shield does not reflect Blink Strike and Phantom strike but blocks them.
“After bringing enemies to their knees, Anti-Mage punishes them for their use of the arcane arts.”
For each point of mana missing by the target unit, the damage is dealt to it and surrounding enemies. The main target is also mini-stunned.
Cast Range- 600
Cast AOE- 500
Damage per Missing Mana- 0.8/0.95/1.1
Stun duration- 0.3
Mana cost- 125/200/275
Cooldown- 70 (20 sec with talent tree)
1. The target must be an enemy unit.
2. The damage is calculated based on the primary target's mana but the damage is applied to every enemy unit within the AOE of the spell.
3. Mana Void first applied the debuff then the damage.
4. Only the primary target gets stunned but every enemy unit in the aoe gets the damage.
5. Can be cast on any enemy without the mana pool just to apply the stun to cancel channeling spell. Such as Teleportation.
6. The spell sound is audible to everyone.