Fortnite Update: Featured Islands guidelines
Epic Games' famous Battle Royale game, Fortnite has recently published a blogpost on guidelines about featured islands. The nerf read that Epic Games have gained insight apropos of the most played games within Fortnite Creative and that they are looking forward to "focus more" on Featured Islands. They have also mentioned that the decision to introduce "featured content" into Fortnite Creative has resulted from an overwhelmingly good gameplay by players. The nerf on Fortnite's official blog post read as follows:
Updated Featured Island Guidelines
- Your Island is a game.
- Mechanics: We’re looking for a mix of game types. Your Island can be a multiplayer, co-op, pvp, solo, puzzle, parkour experience or something totally new. Innovate!
- Difficulty: While you may be amazing at Fortnite, not every player may be as skilled as you. We always appreciate a great game that is accessible to more players. If creating a deathrun map, try ramping the difficulty in each stage and having achievable checkpoints.
- Your game has clear, consistent rules, and is easy to understand with minimal text explanation.
- The map is aesthetically pleasing.
- It is unique and is ultimately your own work.
- Contains no inappropriate content.
- Does not include any images, artwork, sculptures, structures, logos, words, phrases, lyrics or music that are under copyright or trademark, as well as any content that was not created solely by you.
- Does not contain URLs or web links. Telling people your handles on social media accounts is fine.
In addition to this, Epic Games have also mentioned that there is a chance of the island getting featured as an LTM if they "end up loving" it and that there are additional requirements which may require players to make adjustments to their game.