Fortnite update v11.40 - Skins Leaked, Heavy AR makes an entry; Early patch notes!
Fortnite v11.40 update is on its way. The whole community is as hyped as the could be.
This could potentially be the last update of Season 1 of Chapter two while also ending the updated drought that the game has been in for quite some time now.
The official patch notes for v11.40 are not out yet, However, popular Fortnite Dataminers such as HYPEX and ShiinaBR have leaked info on some of the new items and cosmetics that are making its way into the game after the update.
Data miner HYPEX has put together an image that contains all the skins and cosmetics that are set to make their way in to the game after the v11.40 update. From Pickaxes to skins and Music packs to backblings it has it all. Fortnite has been getting stale owing to the lack of updates and the 11.40 update is a welcome addition.
Additional Style options for CHIC and 8Ball are also on their way!
Heavy Assault Rifles
Another discovery that the miners have made while going through the files is the addition of "Heavy Assault Rifle" which has has almost the entire community hyped for its entrance into the game. Prior to the leak, it was already rumored that we will see the 'Heavy' variant of Assault rifle in game soon, so this might not come as a shock to many.
Here is an leaked image of the new weapon that is dropping into the game today!
The heavy AR will be available in every variant from common to legendary as suggested by this image that was also leaked by HYPEX.
A new music pack is also on it's way. HYPEX revealed the image for the music pack on his twitter page. The image has the icon for the "Slick" emote which suggests that the music pack would be remastered version of the music used in 'Slick' emote which available in the item shop for 500 vBucks.
Early Patch notes for Fortnite v11.40
The following is a list of all the known issues that have been highlighted by the Fortnite Dev team. With thev11.40 update, we can expect them to be set straight or be up for review.
1) Visual issues with certain cosmetics.
- Several cosmetics have various visual inconsistencies or issues, detailed below.
- Spectrum Contrail no longer changes colors. UPDATE: Resolved with v11.40
- Havoc's face pokes through his mask.
- The Riot Control Baton Pickaxe is not held properly when using the Point It Out Emote.
- Several Crackshot Styles have inconsistent neck lengths.
2) Unable to go through gifting process.
Players on consoles may get stuck and unable to progress through gifting process if they do not have 2-Factor Authentication.
The problem occurs on PS4/XBox and Switch.
- Enable 2FA on your account. Details for activating here: https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/2fa
1) Overtime Challenge "Visit different bus stops" not tracking for all bus stops.
2) Star Wars Legacy entries disappeared.
3) "F" key not enabling proper movement after direction remap.
- After direction is remapped from a non-"F" key to the "F" key, the key may not allow for proper movement.
4) Editing quickly can cause players to remain in Edit mode.
5) Sniper Rifle crosshairs may disappear when players fall into a Hideout.
- Falling into a Hideout (haybale, dumpster, port-a-potty) while holding a Sniper Rifle may cause the crosshairs to disappear.
1) Featured Island portals aren't working correctly
2) Bandage Bazooka doesn’t respect infinite ammo and reload settings
- The Bandage Bazooka will not respect the infinite ammo and reload settings applied by a game.