How to take cover in GTA 5 PC
- GTA 5 is available till the 21st of May for free on the Epic Games Store for gamers across the world.
- The default control settings can be uncomfortable for new players; here is how you can fix that issue.
GTA 5 is available for free on the Epic Games Store till the 21st of May and gamers are already diving head first into the immersive open world of Rockstar's 2013 masterpiece.
This is a good time for players who played the game on release in 2013 to dive back into Los Santos and discover secrets they missed first time round or have a go at the masterful GTA: Online.
Also Read: PUBG Mobile: Best In-Game Names
Players new to GTA 5 might find controls complex
However, there is a large section of the player base that is new to the game. The hardware requirements for the game in 2013 proved to be on the higher-end of gaming setups. But with time, gamers have started getting access to better gaming setups for significantly lower prices.
They will be able to play GTA 5 on most gaming setups now, making it the perfect game to pick up for players who did not play the game on release. However, a recurring issue for new players is the complex control systems GTA 5 is infamous for.
Taking Cover in GTA 5 for PC
The default controls for GTA 5 on PC can be a little complex and uncomfortable for a lot of players. Mapping the controls to your liking is something new players should look to do as soon as they start the game.
Here's how you can take cover in GTA 5 for PC.
- Start GTA 5
- Pause the Game
- Select Settings
- Under Settings, navigate to Key Bindings
- Look for the control for 'Cover'
- Press Enter on 'Take Cover'
- Select the Key you want to assign to 'Take Cover'
So the next time you're in a firefight and are facing multiple enemies, you need to do the following in order to safely get behind cover:
- Run/Walk up to the nearest chest-high wall and press the 'Take Cover' key
- You can use it against walls, barrels, cars etc.
Also Read: PUBG Mobile: How Brendan Greene Created PUBG
Why you should always take cover in a firefight
- To safely reload without taking damage.
- To heal while taking a lot of damage.
- To toss grenades without being in the line of fire.
- To use blind fire, meaning you can fire at your enemies without being exposed to their gunfire.