Pokemon Sword and Shield: How to get Mew
Pokemon Sword and Shield only have 400 Pokemon in the Galar Pokedex, but there are some Pokemon hidden away in the game files too. Among these hidden Pokemon is the 151st beloved legendary Pokemon, Mew.
Obtaining Mew is no easy feat and if you don't own a Poke Ball Plus, you're out of luck. Each Poke Ball Plus will only contain one copy of Mew. It was possible to get a Mew in Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee with the same method. You'll need another Poke Ball Plus if you have already claimed it in the Let's Go games.
But if you own a Poke Ball Plus and did not transfer your Mew to the Let's Go games, here's how to get it in Pokemon Sword and Shield.
- Enter the Sword and Shield game
- Click X on your controller and open the menu
- Select Mystery Gift from the menu options
- Select "Take a stroll with Poke Ball Plus" and connect your Poke Ball Plus controller to your Switch system
- Go back to the Menu and go to Mystery Gift again
- This time, select "Get a Mystery Gift"
Once you have connected your Poke Ball Plus, you can claim Mew as a Mystery Gift. It is also possible to directly connect to a Mystery Gift if your Mew has not been claimed before.
An alternative is to wait for Pokemon Home next year, a service which will allow players to transfer Pokemon from their old games to Sword and Shield (so long as they are available in the game).
Modified 21 Dec 2019, 01:11 IST