Free Fire is a battle royale video game developed by 111 Dots Studio and published by Garena for Android and iOS devices.
Garena Free Fire is just like any other battle royale game, where you land on an island with 49 other players. You have to survive till the very end to become the winner. The in-game characters make the game unique as they have unique abilities. This changes the way every player strategizes in the game.
Free Fire became the most downloaded mobile game of 2019 and received the award for 'Best Popular Vote Game' by Google Play Store in the same year as well.
Recently a trick on YouTube went viral on whether Free Fire can be played offline, however, several claims have been made that whether the trick is fake. Sportskeeda attempts to analyze this game breaking trick here.
Alleged Step by Step guide to play Free Fire Offline
This guide was made by Techno Gold for enabling players to play the game even when they don't have a strong internet connection.
- If there is any update that is pending then update the Free Fire application first before proceeding to the next steps. (You can ignore this step if you have already updated it)
- Put your phone into 'Aeroplane mode' and dial ##4636#*# on your phone. (Make sure you have at least one sim card in your mobile phone)
3. Once done, you will land on this page. Here you have to click on 'Phone Information 1' and then enable the 'Mobile Radio Power' option.
4. After that, click on more and you will get an option named 'Enable data connection'. Tap on it, and then go back to your home screen.
5. Lastly, launch the game. You can now allegedly play Free Fire without internet.
If you want to see the whole process in Hindi, you can refer to this tutorial by Techno Gold:
This method is fake, it merely helps the data notification disappear but actually switches on the internet while in Airplane mode. When Mobile Radio power is switched on it essentially means, data is switched on. So, Free Fire cannot start without data being enabled.