UFC Fight Night 66 - Edgar vs. Faber : Review and Results
The UFC Fight Night: Edgar vs. Faber main card took place on Saturday in Manila and it was an entertaining fight card filled with impressive finishes, fun fights & featured a highly anticipated super fight between former UFC lightweight champion Frankie Edgar and former WEC champion Urijah Faber, as the main event. At the end of the night Edgar emerged as the winner & made a good claim for the next title shot against the winner of Aldo vs Mcgregor.
Neil Magny & Jon Tuck baged Performance of the Night bonus while Fight of the Night bonus went to thrilling fight between Jon Delos Reyes vs. Roldan Sangcha-an.
PRELIMINARY CARD : (Fox Sports 1 / UFC FIGHT PASS)
- Jon Tuck def. Tae Hyun Bang via first-round submission (rear-naked choke, 3:56)
- Kajan Johnson def. Zhang Lipeng via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28 x2)
- Li Jingliang def. Dhiego Lima via first-round TKO (1:25)
- Ning Guangyou def. Royston Wee via second-round TKO (4:59)
- Jon Delos Reyes def. Roldan Sangcha-An via submission (rear-naked choke) (R2, 3:13)
- Yao Zhikui def. Nolan Ticman via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
Main card (FOX Sports 1 at 10 a.m. ET)
Phillipe Nover def. Yui Chul Nam via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
Levan Makashvili def. Mark Eddiva via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 30-27)
Neil Magny def Hyun Gyu Lim via TKO (strikes) (1:24, R2)
Neil Magny had to weather an early storm from Hyun Gyu Lim in the opening minutes of the first round but overcame the flurry and rallied back to dominate the latter part of the opening round before closing out the affair less than two minutes into the second round.
Lim looked exhausted after nearly finishing Magny in the first round and Magny managed to take advantage of that en route to one of the best wins of his professional career. With this come from behind victory Neil Magny extended his win streak to seven straight fights