What's the story?
Prior to the upcoming UFC Fight Night: 137 event in Sao Paolo, Brazil, there has been another major change to the card's main event as Light Heavyweight veteran Jimi Manuwa is officially out of his scheduled bout against Thiago Santos.
In case you didn't know...
Having initially turned down a contract with the UFC a few years ago, English MMA fighter Jimi Manuwa signed with the UFC in July of 2012 before making his Octagon debut against Kyle Kingsbury at UFC on Fuel TV 5 and eventually winning his first Octagon fight via TKO due to doctor stoppage.
Currently coming off two back-to-back losses in the hands of Volkan Oezdemir and Jan Blachowicz, Manuwa was initially scheduled to face veteran Glover Teixeira at UFC Fight Night 137, but plans were subsequently changed after the latter had suffered an injury and was replaced by Thiago Santos.
The heart of the matter
Just six days prior to the next big UFC event in Brazil (UFC Fight Night: 137), English fighter Jimi Manuwa is now out of his slated main event against Thiago Santos due to a serious injury which the 38-year-old suffered almost immediately after landing in Brazil.
However, as a late replacement for Manuwa, it has now been reported by MMAJunkie that former LFA Middleweight Champion Eryk Anders will be stepping in on short notice for Manuwa in the UFC Fight Night: 137 headliner.
Below is the updated card for UFC Fight Night: 137
- Thiago “Marreta” Santos vs. Eryk Anders
- Alex Oliveira vs. Carlo Pedersoli
- Sam Alvey vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
- Renan Barao vs. Andre Ewell
- Randa Markos vs. Marina Rodriguez
- Christos Giagos vs. Charles Oliveira
- Evan Dunham vs. Francisco Trinaldo
- Luis Henrique vs. Ryan Spann
- Augusto Sakai vs. Chase Sherman
- Sergio Moraes vs. Ben Saunders
- Marya Bueno Silva vs. Gillian Robertson
- Thales Leites vs. Hector Lombard
- Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos vs. Luigi Vendramini
- Alex Chambers vs. Livia Renata Souza
UFC Fight Night: 137 will be taking place at the Ginásio do Ibirapuera in Sao Paolo, Brazil on the 22nd of September, 2018.Published 18 Sep 2018, 15:37 IST