Best of WWE #51: Brock Lesnar vs Kurt Angle, Smackdown 18/9/2003
The first ever 60 minutes Iron Man match in WWE history took place on the September 18, 2003 edition of Smackdown. Kurt Angle defended his WWE Championship against Brock Lesnar in a gruelling match which was breath taking to watch for the fans. However, instead being a test to determine the supreme between them, it turned out to be a lop-sided affair as Brock used all means possible to cheat in this match. Kurt Angle came back hard but couldn’t prevent the WWE Championship slipping away from his hands. Brock Lesnar defeated Kurt Angle 5-4 in this Ironman Match. Here is how it panned out.
1. Angle won via DQ when Lesnar hit Angle with a chair.
2. Lesnar won via pinfall after an F-5
3. Lesnar won via submission to an Ankle Lock
4. Lesnar won via count out after an F-5 outside
5. Angle won via pinfall after an Angle Slam
6. Lesnar won via pinfall after hitting Angle with the belt
7. Lesnar won via pinfall after a top-rope superplex
8. Angle won via pinfall after a belly-to-belly superplex
9. Angle won via submission to an Ankle Lock
Brock Lesnar was declared as the winner since he had more no. of wins than Angle within the stipulated span of 60 minutes.
Watch this scintillating Iron Man match in this video:
‘Best of WWE’ is a daily feature on Sportskeeda.com, showcasing the best matches in WWE history. Click here to watch earlier matches featured in ‘Best of WWE’.