The problems for WWE continue to mount as yet another WWE superstar has joined the lawsuit against them. The latest addition to the lawsuit is former WWE Diva Ashley Massaro who has alleged WWE of sexual abuse and brain injuries.
According to Boston Globe, Massaro claims that she was sexually assaulted at a US Military base during a trip to Kuwait as a part of the “Tribute to the Troops” program. The incident allegedly occurred when, during the trip, the neighbouring country Iraq was hit with the civil war wave.
She also claims that she was examined by the official doctors back home after returning, According to her, the doctors reported the situation to the higher authorities after which the authorities met with her to apologise for their negligence and persuaded her to bury the hatchet and asked her to not reveal anything.
Apart from sexual assault, the 37-year-old resident of Long Island has also incriminated the WWE for her recurring neurological issues, attributing them due to brain injuries sustained during her wrestling career with the company.
She says that she suffers depression, anxiety, memory loss and migraine headaches, which are generally associated with CTE. Although, it cannot be said that she has CTE for certain as the disease can only be diagnosed with a postmortem autopsy.
In her case, it states that she has suffered several concussions while performing in the ring which included a serious one that resulted in her staying unconscious for about 5 minutes. She says that she received no care after the incident and was reportedly told to “shake it off”.
She believes that her highly strenuous schedule during her WWE career is responsible for the damages which also include a hairline fracture of her spine, two herniated discs and an ankle fracture. The ankle fracture required five inches of metal support to be surgically inserted to repair the damage.
She also blames the WWE Chairman Vince McMahon for his negligence. Vince McMahon allegedly ordered the backstage crew to saw a cast off Massaro’s hands that she had been fitted with due to a shattered knuckle.
The cast was allegedly removed several weeks before it was supposed to so she could perform in an event that particular night .
The complaints were filed against the WWE on November 9, 2016. As a result of this, she and seven other former WWE wrestlers joined the initial 52 wrestlers who are suing the WWE on the basis of concealing the dangers of repetitive head injuries that have allegedly caused them serious neurological damage.
The most notable entry in the latest set of plaintiffs is the family of Balls Mahoney who died in April due to a heart attack and was diagnosed with CTE after the postmortem autopsy.
Massaro was a part of the WWE from 2005 to 2008 and was known for being on the cover of the Playboy magazine, a fact which was covered in her storylines several times , after her exit she developed several behaviour abnormalities which included a drug addiction. WWE helped her overcome the addiction in 2010.
WWE Attorney Jerry McDevitt diverted the subject when asked about the recent allegations against the WWE and instead spoke about the WWE’s motion for sanction against lawyer Kyros who was a part of the recent hearings.
With the recent hearings in the case of Nelson Frazier Jr. and Matthew Osborne being ruled in favour of the WWE citing lack of evidence, It would be interesting to see how this one unfolds.
For latest WWE News, live coverage and rumours visit our Sportskeeda WWE section. Also if you are attending a WWE Live event or have a news tip for us drop us an email at fightclub (at) sportskeeda (dot) com.