Nidahas Trophy: Statistical preview for first Sri Lanka-India T20I
Coming off comprehensive ODI and T20I series wins in South Africa, India return to the Asian subcontinent for a tri-series against their neighbours, Bangladesh and hosts Sri Lanka.
With a number of superstars (read Virat Kohli, MS Dhoni, Hardik Pandya) rested for more trying tours to come, this series offers the perfect opportunity for the likes of Rishabh Pant, Deepak Hooda, Washington Sundar and Vijay Shankar to stake their claim.
For Sri Lanka, meanwhile, the series assumes all the more importance considering the fact that it is being held to commemorate their 70th year of independence.
The game has a number of impending milestones in store. Here are the important numbers ahead of the clash at the Premadasa Stadium:
- India have won 10 of their last 14 T20Is against Sri Lanka, losing 4.
- The R Premadasa Stadium at Colombo has been kind to India, who have won six of their last seven outings at the venue. They have also won both their matches against Sri Lanka at the venue.
- Yuzvendra Chahal has taken 24 wickets in T20Is since the start of last year; the most by any bowler during that period.
- Chahal has claimed four-wicket hauls in each of his last two appearances against Sri Lanka.
- Rohit Sharma has won all four matches as the skipper of his side.
Rohit Sharma’s highest ever T20I score came against Sri Lanka; he posted 118 off just 43 balls during the 2ndT20I of the series played in December 2017.
Statistical inputs by Opta