Probable Indian XI for 3rd Test at Eden Gardens
Indian team will be taking field at Eden Gardens on the back of a shocking defeat at Wankhede and that too on an Indian friendly pitch, as it was called before the match began. The series has now come alive with both teams having equal chances of outdoing the other. It is now a question of prestige for Indian cricket team because we can’t afford another test loss and that too in India. We have to go in with all guns blazing.
Here is the probable XI which India is expected to play in the 3rd Test:
1. Virender Sehwag – He showed his aggressive temperament in the first test and has proved his form by scoring a quick-fire century. However, he failed in the second test and I hope he gets back his form and continue from where he left in Ahmedabad.
2. Gautam Gambhir – He was the lone warrior in the second innings of the second test with the bat. The series so far has not been too good for him, yet that innings in the second test has shown that he has lots of batting and class left with him and if he bats sensibly, he can convert those smaller innings into bigger ones. I hope the opening duo of Gauti and Viru provide something magical for the team at Eden.
3. Cheteshwar Pujara – It has been a one man show for team India in this series so far. He has already scored a double ton and a century in 2 matches. The team still needs a lot more than this from this young guy. Hope he continues to impress us with his bat.
4. Sachin Tendulkar – The God of Indian cricket has failed in the series so far. He is the man who will feel the heat more than anyone else. Hope he gets back his batting form and once again starts scoring runs and give a strong reply to his critics.
5. Virat Kohli – Surprisingly, he is not scoring runs in this series. He is the man on whom the hopes and future of Indian cricket depend. The sooner he gets back his form, the better it will be for the team and him. We are expecting a huge comeback from this man soon.
6. Yuvraj Singh – He is the comeback Prince for team India. Returning from cancer, and donning whites in this series has not proved too fruitful for him so far. Let’s hope in the coming two matches, we get a big innings from him.
7. MS Dhoni – Yet another dismal series for the ‘Captain Cool’ in which he has failed with the bat once again. Seems like lady luck is angry with our captain. Hope he gets in her good books soon and start scoring runs like he once did for the team. Because if he fails, it might become hard for him to retain test captaincy.
8. Ravichandran Ashwin – The series has not been good for him too. He has not been bowling up to his standards. He made a mess of the opportunities he got on a spinning track at Wankhede. Hope he gets his line and length right before the Eden test.
9. Zaheer Khan - He seems to be gaining his form back with the ball. He has proved it by bowling an excellent line and length in the first two tests. It’ll be good for India if he starts taking wickets for India as well.
10. Pragyan Ojha – The man in form with the ball for team India. Hope he carries his good form to the Eden as well.
11. Ishant Sharma – He might get a place in the team owing that he is more experienced than Dinda, otherwise Dinda is also a tough competitor for the spot owing to his recent form in Ranji Trophy.