RCA intend to take BCCI to court over suspension after Lalit Modi's election
Newly-elected RCA President Lalit Modi and his associate say that RCA intends to take the BCCI to court over its suspension.
The Hindu is currently running a very interesting story on the latest developments pertaining to Lalit Modi. Consequent upon the decision of suspension of the RCA for electing Lalit Modi as its president, RCA is planning to move to court against the BCCI.
It is worthwhile to mention that the election was held in December 2013, the ballots were sealed and the result had been declared only on Tuesday, announcing that Lalit Modi had got 24 out of the total 33 votes.
Reacting to this situation, Modi’s lawyer and newly elected Deputy Vice President of the RCA, Mehmood M. Abdi, has stated that the former IPL commissioner can manage to “easily run” the day to day affairs of the RCA from London.
Protesting the decisions of the BCCI, Abdi further justified their claim, saying: “The elections were held under the Rajasthan Sports Act. The BCCI has no authority to take such an action. We will seek legal recourse. Mr. Modi is in touch with some influential members of the BCCI. We had hoped things would have changed after N. Srinivasan’s exit but it is clear he is still calling the shots at BCCI.”
Mr. Abdi further explained: “There are vested interests in BCCI that are conspiring against Mr. Modi”.
When asked to identify the vested interests, he said: “N. Srinivasan and his coterie.”
While addressing the newly-elected executive committee of the RCA from London, via video-conferencing, Modi said: “RCA would set up eight world class cricket academies across Rajasthan.”
He also intends to hold the next meeting of the RCA in London.