What if ?? India Wins / Loses Against Pakistan in WC Semi final
As we now enter the last week of this CWC, I alter one of my previous articles on the consequences of 2 possible scenarios at the CWC…(Link to previous article https://www.sportskeeda.com/2011/02/12/what-if/ )
What if India wins the Cup ??
1. It will be the last World cup appearance of the “master blaster”
2. The master blaster will be awarded the most coveted award in the country–Bharat Ratna
3. Going to South Mumbai on 3rd April will take atleast thrice the normal time..there will be extraordinary traffic jam thanks to the victorious team’s victory parade.
4. All recent scams, wikileaks, news on corruption ,etc will be forgotten by the media..After all where is the time to talk of things which happen on a daily basis in the country
5. UPA government will claim World Cup victory as one of its own achievements..(Finally something to cheer about..)
6. No work will be done on Monday 4th April in any office..
7. Diwali will come much early for all restaurants, fire crackers manufacturing companies and others…
8. Team India will be treated as “The league of extra-ordinary gentlemen”
9. As mentioned by one of my friends, 1983 World Cup heroes wont appear again to talk about their experiences before any another world cup in the future.
What if India doesnot win the cup ??
1. All chats at homes, office cafeterias, social networking sites will only have 1 point of discussion..Everyone will become a cricket expert and analyse the reasons for failure..
2. Everyone will give vent to his creativity on facebook, buzz, twitter through 1 liners & articles mocking the “Match Ka Mujrim” ( Recall what happened to Nehra)
3. Aaj tak, India TV will have only have programs like ”Match ke mujrim kaun ?” to show throughout the day
4.Numerology & Astrology experts will come up with some combination of numbers and stars as a reason for India’s failure
5. News channels will quickly focus on the Great Indian reality show — IPL, due to start immediately after the CWC
No matter what happens at the last stages of the World Cup,the last 2 matches ( especially the one at Mohali) will bring the nation to a standstill…Everyone will hope for 2 things from the little master..A century of centuries & A Special Gift to his home crowd at Wankhede on 2nd April..
All the best India….!!!!!!!!!!!!