In anticipation of WWE 2K23's global release, the developers at Visual Concepts have recently pushed update 1.03. The latest patch provides stability fixes, improved compatibility, and improvements to character interactions with other objects. A steady stream of updates is an encouraging sight as it means that the developers are prompt in addressing any negative player feedback.
While WWE 2K23 is scheduled to be released around the world in less than a day's time on March 17, those who purchased the Deluxe Edition or the Icon Edition already have three-day early access to the title. The initial reception to the game has been positive, with many touting it as the best that the series has ever been.
Without further ado, here are the official patch notes for WWE 2K23 update 1.03.
WWE 2K23 update 1.03 patch notes
The official patch notes for WWE 2K23 March 15 update 1.03 for PS5 and Xbox Series X|S (download size of 1.36 GB) are:
- Polish and stability fixes for launch day.
- Improvements to CAS part compatibility.
- Improvements made to Superstars interacting with objects lying on the ground.
The official patch notes for the March 15 update 1.03 for PC, PS4, and Xbox One (download size of 8.21 GB) are:
- Addressed issues related to game modes including Triple Threat and Fatal-4-way matches.
- Addressed missing audio/music bug.
- Addressed various game crashing issues.
- Fixed random stuttering issues.
- Fixed animation-related bugs.
- Addressed framerate drop issues.
- Added gameplay stability fixes.
- Added overall performance improvements.
- Other minor fixes to the game.
The game is currently available on the following platforms - PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC. With the latest patch, it's fairly clear that the developers are addressing a variety of problems that are cropping up on different platforms. While the list is comparatively small for current-gen systems, patch 1.03 is significant for PC and previous-gen systems with fixes for a wide range of issues.
Despite these problems, WWE 2K23 has managed to be one of the most optimized major launches in recent times, with the game running smoothly in most set-ups due to its undemanding system requirements. As mentioned above, the title has largely received positive feedback from both critics and fans alike.
Calling it "an improvement in every single way compared to the previous year's game" and "a perfect evolution of content," Sportskeeda's review of the title scored it a 9 out of 10. Other than minor hiccups when it comes to microtransactions in the MyFaction mode, this is one title that WWE and wrestling fans shouldn't miss out on.