Bournemouth v Chelsea Preview
Chelsea travel to the Vitality Stadium to take on Bournemouth in the Premier League, as they aim to return to winning ways after a disappointing outing in the UEFA Champions League against Bayern Munich. Frank Lampard's side failed to build on their morale-boosting 2-1 victory against Tottenham Hotspur in the Premier League, as they fell to a damaging 3-0 defeat against the Bundesliga outfit.
Bournemouth, on the other hand, are just two points clear of the relegation zone and will look to secure a positive result against the Blues, who will aim to build on their victory last weekend and consolidate their position in the league standings.
Bournemouth v Chelsea Head to Head
- Only Crystal Palace, Newcastle United, Watford and Norwich City (24) have scored fewer league goals this season than Bournemouth (26).
- 6 of Chelsea's games across all competitions have yielded more than 2.5 goals per game. In the same period, 8 games involving Bournemouth have seen more than 2.5 goals being scored per game.
- The Cherries have won 3 of their last 4 games against Chelsea and are looking to complete the league double over the Blues for the first time in their history.
- The two sides have never played out a Premier League draw in 9 meetings, with Bournemouth winning on 4 of those occasions.
- Only Burnley (39) have conceded more league goals in the top half of the Premier League standings than Chelsea (37) this season.
Bournemouth v Chelsea Prediction
Chelsea are expected to record a victory and consolidate their position in the UEFA Champions League spots, as they look to bounce back from their embarrassing defeat against Bayern Munich midweek. Both sides should score, but the Blues should record a routine victory.
Bournemouth v Chelsea Betting Tips
With Tammy Abraham injured once again, Olivier Giroud is expected to lead the line, as the Frenchman looks to get more game time under his belt before the European championships in the summer.
Tip 1 - Result: Chelsea
Tip 2 - Both teams to score: Yes
Tip 3 - Over/Under 2.5 goals: Over 2.