Brighton & Hove Albion vs Nottingham Forest Preview
Nottingham Forest are currently rooted to the bottom of the Premier League standings and have struggled to impose themselves in the top flight. The away side suffered a 1-0 defeat against Wolverhampton Wanderers last week and will need to bounce back in this fixture.
Brighton & Hove Albion, on the other hand, are in seventh place in the league table at the moment and have punched above their weight so far this season. The Seagulls slumped to a 2-0 defeat against Brentford in their previous game and have a point to prove this week.
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Nottingham Forest Head-to-Head and Key Numbers
- Nottingham Forest have a good historical record against Brighton & Hove Albion and have won 16 out of the 37 matches played between the two teams, as opposed to Brighton's 11 victories.
- Brighton & Hove Albion have won their last two league matches at home against Nottingham Forest and picked up a 3-0 victory in their previous such game in 2016.
- Brighton & Hove Albion have played eight top-flight games against Nottingham Forest since 1983 and are winless in their last six such matches.
- Brighton & Hove Albion are winless in their last eight midweek matches in the Premier League, with their previous such victory coming against Manchester City last year.
- Nottingham Forest have won only one of their last 14 midweek Premier League games, with their only such victory during this period coming against West Ham United in 1997.
- Brighton & Hove Albion are unbeaten in their last seven home games against newly-promoted teams in the Premier League.
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Nottingham Forest Prediction
Brighton & Hove Albion have had a few issues with their transition under Roberto De Zerbi but remain set for a top-10 finish. The likes of Leandro Trossard and Pascal Gross have been excellent this season and will look to make their mark this week.
Nottingham Forest have not adjusted to life in the Premier League and have a mountain to climb to keep their place in the top flight. Brighton & Hove Albion are the better team at the moment and should be able to win this game.
Prediction: Brighton & Hove Albion 2-1 Nottingham Forest
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Nottingham Forest Betting Tips
Tip 1: Result - Brighton & Hove Albion
Tip 2: Game to score over 2.5 goals - Yes
Tip 3: Brighton & Hove Albion to score first - Yes
Tip 4: Leandro Trossard to score - Yes