Daily Transfer Updates – 2nd December
The English Premier League winter transfer window may not start till January 1st, but that hasn’t stopped the rumour mill to start churning, has it?
And as each website or paper keeps churning out the stories, we bring to you our Daily Transfer Updates, which will help you keep track of all the transfer stories that are being reported across the web and print media.
• Fulham boss Martin Jol hints at January move for Aston Villa’s Darren Bent.
• Monaco boss Claudio Ranieri would be “happy” if David Beckham moved to the French second division side, describing the 37-year-old former England captain as a “fantastic” player.
• Raheem Sterling’s advisors have been angered by Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers’s comments that the 17-year-old winger would be “very foolish” not to sign a new contract with the Reds. (Daily Mirror)
• And Manchester City are keeping a close eye on Sterling’s contract negotiations. (Daily Mail)
• Arsenal would like to sign 30-year-old Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina in January for about £10m. (The Sun)
• Everton manager David Moyes has admitted he would welcome the chance to re-sign Joleon Lescott, 30, if the defender feels he needs to seek a loan move from Manchester City. (Daily Telegraph)
• Manchester United have reportedly stepped up their scouting interest in highly-rated Anderlecht midfielder Dennis Praet, 18, who has made just eight starts for the club. (Metro)
• Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe says he would welcome David Beckham, 37, at White Hart Lane if the former England captain’s talks with Monaco fail to bring about a move. (Evening Standard)
You can follow our LIVE Transfer Talk here