- Immanuel Höhn and Fallou Diagne compete for a spot at centre-back.
- With Oliver Sorg suspended, Vegar Hedenstad could get a chance at right-back.
- Admir Mehmedi and Sebastian Freis both have a chance of starting up front.
- Daniel Schwaab and Gotoku Sakai compete for the spot at right-back.
- Timo Werner and Moritz Leitner could keep their spots on the flanks, with Martin Harnik and Ibrahima Traoré remaining on the bench.
- Otherwise, manager Thomas Schneider could field an unchanged team.
- Freiburg have seen over 2.5 goals in their last 6 matches against Stuttgart in all competitions.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 7 of Stuttgart’s last 8 away games in the Bundesliga.
- Freiburg have failed to win their last 6 home matches in the Bundesliga.
- Freiburg won their first game of the season last weekend and will want to improve their points tally at home. They still have not found a consistent back-four, however.
- Stuttgart are four games without a win and need to regain confidence following a heavy loss at Dortmund last weekend. The team hast to work on their balance again.
- Expect this to be a close game from the outset.
Freiburg 1 - 1 VfB Stuttgart