No plans for Santos return: Brazilian footballer Robinho
Rio de Janeiro, Nov 17 (IANS) Former Brazil international forward Robinho has denied speculation linking him to a return to his former football club Santos.
Media reports in Brazil said the 32-year-old's representatives had been in contact with Santos officials about a possible return next year, reports Xinhua.
But the former Real Madrid, Manchester City and AC Milan star said he hoped to remain with his current club Atletico Mineiro until at least the end of next year.
"Santos wanted to speak to my lawyer and my dad to try to settle a dispute about the money they owe me," Robinho said of the contact with his boyhood club on Wednesday.
"There has been no offer from Santos. I have more than a year left on my contract with Atletico. I want to stay until the end and maybe even sign a new deal."
Robinho has scored 25 goals across all competitions for Atletico this year, having joined the club from China's Guangzhou Evergrande in February.