Real Madrid to take legal action against fans who attacked Bale and Jese
Fans abused Gareth Bale and Jese after they came out of the training complex
Real Madrid have identified the three fans who attacked Gareth Bale’s and Jese Rodriguez’s cars following Sunday's El Clasico defeat to Barcelona and promised to pursue legal action against them.
According to footage acquired by Spanish Tv station Cuatro, the fans were waiting for the players’ cars to come out outside Madrid’s Valdebebas training ground and abused the players when they were driving out of the complex.
Real Madrid authorities released a statement on Monday night saying that they had identified the perpetrators, one of whom was a member of the club.
The statement read:
- The Club has already identified the individuals responsible, one a Real Madrid member, for these aggressive and violent actions against several of our players.
- Details of this member's identity have been sent to the Club's Discipline Commission, requesting that it expel the individual from Real Madrid for what is considered a very serious offence.
- This afternoon, the Discipline Commission held an emergency meeting and decided to open a disciplinary investigation and provisionally suspend the individual's rights as a member and access to the Santiago Bernabéu or any Real Madrid facilities.
- Real Madrid has notified Spain's National Anti-Violence Commission of the incidents that took place, as well as the identities of the individuals responsible, requesting that it apply those sanctions that it considers appropriate.
- Furthermore, Real Madrid will take any applicable legal action against the individuals responsible for these incidents.
The members are set to be handed a stadium ban if found guilty by the club's internal disciplinary investigation. They can also be subject to criminal proceedings if the National Anti-Violence Commission decide to go ahead and slap charges.