Rotherham United will welcome Norwich City to the Aesseal New York Stadium for an EFL Championship matchday 20 fixture on Saturday.
The home side come into the clash on the back of a 3-2 defeat away to Burnley on Wednesday. They took an early lead through Benjamin Wiles but were pegged back by James Rodriguez's 35th-minute equalizer.
Chiedozie Ogbene stepped off the bench to restore their lead in the 64th minute but Cohen Bramall was dismissed for the visitors with two quickfire yellow cards. The match concluded in dramatic scenes, with Burnley scoring two goals in injury time, including the match-winner in the 10th minute of additional time.
Norwich City settled for a share of the spoils in a goalless draw with QPR on home turf.
The draw saw the Canaries drop to the fifth spot in the table with 29 points from 19 matches. Rotherham United sit in 14th spot with 22 points to their name.
Rotherham United vs Norwich City Head-to-Head and Key Numbers
- The two sides have clashed on 38 occasions in the past. Norwich City have 18 wins to their name, while Rotherham United were victorious on nine occasions.
- Their most recent meeting came in February 2021 when Norwich City claimed a 1-0 home win.
- Rotherham United are one of just two sides in the Championship who are yet to win a point from behind this campaign.
- Norwich City are on a four-game winning run against Rotherham United.
- Rotherham United are winless in four matches, conceding 10 goals in that period.
- Norwich City have managed just one win in their last eight matches.
- The most recent head-to-head game between the two sides halted a run of 10 successive games that saw both sides find the back of the net.
Rotherham United vs Norwich City Prediction
Norwich City are in danger of falling out of the top six if they fail to win here, with their underwhelming away record culpable for their drop down the table.
Rotherham United have not fared much better, losing three of their last four matches.
We are backing the Canaries to claim a narrow victory, with goals to be scored at both ends.
Prediction: Rotherham United 1-2 Norwich City
Rotherham United vs Norwich City Betting Tips
Tip 1 - Norwich City to win
Tip 2 - Both teams to score
Tip 3 - Over 2.5 goals in the game
Paul Merson predicts Man City vs Liverpool and other Premier League GW 29 fixtures! Click here