Soccer quotes for girls around the world
We will take a look at the famous soccer quotes for girls.
March 8 – The day we all pay tribute to women. The Women’s Day. This is an era, where women not just compete among themselves but along with the men. But what about the field of sports. Have they given enough chances to showcase their talents? Were they encouraged to actively participate in sports?. History says No! Here are some excerpts.
Boston Marathon started way back in 1897. But the first women to run in this world’s oldest marathon was in 1967. It has taken 70 years for a women to participate in this prestigious event. International Olympic Committee – the 119 years old organization had its first women as a member only in 1981. Women’s Soccer was first played in Summer Olympics only in the year 1996 in Atlanta.
But things have changed a lot over the years. Women are active in all the sports in recent times. Women Tennis and Soccer have a great fan following throughout the globe. Soccer is played by 13% of men in the world, whereas it is played only by 1% of women. Actions will need to be taken to improve women participation. Some of it are listed below.
- Encouragement in schools for active participation of girls in Soccer
- More publicity
- Pay for women athletes should be increased
- Only 0.5% of sponsorship are for women athletes. Sponsors should invest properly on women.
- Broadcast all sporting events of women
Here are some of the quotes which will make a pitch for women to play Soccer.
- On average, soccer players run seven miles a game. Girls take an extra mile to play this wonder-sport!
- Forget about those big heals, soccer princess wear cleats
- “I would rather be called a soccer player than a girl”
- If you didn’t get dirty, you didn’t play. Soccer girls look pretty, play dirty.
- Girls are cute, when they wear Soccer jerseys
- Any man can hold a girl’s hand, but only a soccer ball can touch their feet.
- Girls are not born for shopping but for Soccer!
- Grit, Inspiration, Resistance, Lively, Stamina – That’s what GIRLS are made of.
- “I never scored a goal, without getting a pass from someone else” – Abby Wambach, American Professional soccer player
- “Every single day I woke up and commit to myself to become a better player” – Mia Hamm, American Professional soccer player
To conclude, it is not just about women playing Soccer. Women can play a vital role as coaches, leaders and volunteers and it gives women the chance to realize their potential in Soccer. It also gives a career path. Let us turn the wheels as fast as we can, to empower women in soccer as it has a long way to go.