West Bromwich Albion-Crystal Palace Statistical Preview
31 Oct 2013, 17:01 IST
West Bromwich Albion
- Morgan Amalfitano stands an outside chance of making the starting lineup. He was withdrawn at half time against Liverpool last week but may be able to play through the pain barrier here.
- Scott Sinclair is nearing a return but may only make the bench.
- Gera, Foster and Thorne remain absent.
- Crystal Palace could be unchanged from the team that stopped Arsenal from scoring from open play until the 87th minute of their encounter last week.
- Yannick Bolasie will be hoping for a start after impressing from the bench against the Gunners.
- Marouane Chamkh will lead the line once again.
- Crystal Palace have lost their last 6 matches in the Premier League.
- Crystal Palace have conceded at least 2 goals in their last 6 matches in the Premier League.
- West Brom have seen under 2.5 goals in their last 4 matches against Crystal Palace in all competitions.
- Crystal Palace are undefeated in their last 5 matches against West Brom in all competitions.
- West Brom’s unbeaten run was brought to an abrupt halt at Anfield last week as they went down 4-1 to Liverpool, unable to stop the charge of their in-form strike duo Sturridge and Suarez.
- Back on home soil they will hope to pick up where they left off by beating Sunderland and drawing with Arsenal, who last week Crystal Palace lost 2-0 to.
- Palace are in dire straights and, in between managers, need their slump to be immediately seen to. They may not have lost any of their last 5 meetings with the Baggies, but as the league’s joint-lowest scoring team, may struggle to make an impact on this game.
West Bromwich Albion 2 - 0 Crystal Palace