Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Burnley Preview
Burnley finished 18th in the Premier League last season and were relegated to the Championship. They edged out Rochdale by a 1-0 margin last week and will look to achieve a similar result on Saturday.
Wolverhampton Wanderers, on the other hand, finished 10th in the Premier League and have plenty of work to do ahead of the new season. They eased past Forest Green by a 4-1 margin in their previous game and will be confident ahead of the fixture.
Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Burnley Head-to-Head and Key Numbers
- Wolverhampton Wanderers have a good record against Burnley, having won 66 of the 137 matches played between the two teams, as opposed to Burnley's 41 victories.
- Wolverhampton Wanderers have failed to score a single goal in their last three matches against Burnley in the Premier League and have a point to prove in this fixture.
- Wolverhampton Wanderers will need to recover from their slump towards the end of last season and have failed to keep clean sheets in their last 10 matches.
- Burnley have scored five goals in their last three matches against Wolverhampton Wanderers and will look to add to their tally in this match.
- Burnley have scored one goal apiece in their last three matches in all competitions and have improved in recent weeks.
- Burnley conceded 53 goals in their 38 Premier League matches last season and will need to work on their defensive line this season.
Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Burnley Prediction
Wolverhampton Wanderers have an impressive squad at their disposal and can pack a punch on their day. The likes of Raul Jimenez and Ruben Neves will want to step up in this match.
Burnley are not at their best at the moment and will need to learn their lessons from the previous season. Wolves are the better team at the moment and should be able to win the game.
Prediction: Wolverhampton Wanderers 3-1 Burnley
Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Burnley Betting Tips
Tip 1: Result - Wolverhampton Wanderers
Tip 2: Game to have over 2.5 goals - Yes
Tip 3: Wolverhampton Wanderers to score first - Yes
Tip 4: Raul Jimenez to score - Yes