Everyone wants to be fit. But do all of us have the time to hit the gym everyday or even get ourselves an instructor who can come home to help us with our workout? I do not think so. Honestly, how good is a home workout if you are not well aware of a proper workout plan that you must follow to get the desired result? Hence, we are here to help you make your own plan by specifying the various areas you must work on and some exercises that you can do. Mix and match to make your own workout plan. We have listed separate exercises for separate areas. Each area has one day dedicated to it. You can choose the sequence.
Note, you must incorporate a 30-minute cardio session in each of these routines. You can choose to go for a brisk walk, a swim or even jump rope. The choice is yours.
Set 1: Legs and Hips
1. Sissy Squat: Keep your feet shoulder width apart and stand straight with one hand on a chair. Engage your core and bend your knees. Your torso needs to tilt backwards and your body needs to maintain a straight line from your shoulders to your knees. You might have to stand on your toes for this one. Get back to the initial position and repeat. Do 2 sets of 15 reps each.
2. Dumbbell Squat: Hold a dumbbell in each hand and keep your feet shoulder width apart. Your arms must be by your side and must be kept straight. Engage your core, push your hips back and lower your body to do a squat. Get back up and repeat. Do 2 sets of 15 reps each.
Also. read 6 Explosive Home Workouts To Hit Every Muscle.
Apart from these exercises, you can do Dumbbell Step-Ups, Calf Raises, Lunges, Fire Hydrant etc.
Set 2: Chest
1. Dumbbell Bench Press: Lie on a bench and hold a dumbbell in each hand. Extend your arms over your chest with your palms facing forward. Lower your dumbbells to your chest level by bending your elbows sideways. Push it back up and repeat. Do 2 sets of 15 reps each.
2. Dumbbell Fly: Lie on the bench and hold a dumbbell in each hand, palms facing each other. Lift the dumbbells and hold them over your chest at shoulder width. Bend your elbows a little and lower them down without using your arms, just by engaging your shoulders. Go until the dumbbell reaches a little lower than your shoulder level. Push back up and repeat. Do 2 sets of 15 reps each.
Apart from these excercises, you can do chest pullovers, dumbbell squeeze press, single arm dumbbell bench press, dumbbell around the world etc.
Set 3: Back and Shoulders
1. Dumbbell Bent Over Row: Keep your feet hip width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand. Place your hands by your side, palms facing each other. Bend your body forward to make your torso parallel to the floor. Slowly bend your elbows and bring the weights close to your chest. Lower them down and repeat. Do 2 sets of 15 reps each.
2. Side Lateral Raise: Hold a dumbbell in each hand and stand up straight. Your palms must face each other. Bend your elbows and lift your dumbbells up, sideways. Make sure your pinky finger is a little higher than your thumb. Go up till your arms are parallel to the ground. Lower them down and repeat. Do 2 sets of 15 reps each.
Apart from this, you can also do Shoulder Raises, Shrugs, Seated Bent Over Delt Raises, Overhand Reverse Fly, Dumbbell Front Raise etc.
Set 4: Arms
1. Tricep Dips: Sit on a chair and place your palms firmly on the edge. Step forward so that your hips are in the air and your legs are extended in front. Bend your elbows to lower your body down without straining your shoulders. Push back up and repeat. Do 2 sets of 15 reps each.
2. Diamond Push-ups: Get in the push up position with your arms extended under your shoulders such that your body forms a straight line. Get your palms under your chest and use your index finger and thumb to make a diamond. Do a push up by lowering your body to the floor and getting back up. Do 2 sets of 8-10 reps each.
Apart from these, you can look at inclined Stairs Push-ups, Alligator Drags, Dumbbell Rows etc.
Set 5: Abs
1. Crunches: Lie down on the floor and bend your knees to keep your feet on the ground. Keep your hands behind your head. Engage your core to raise your shoulder and head off the floor. Get back down and repeat. Do 2 sets of 20 reps each.
2. Spiderman Crawl: Get in the push up position and start crawling forward by using your right leg and left arm. Try to make them touch. Do the same with the other side to mimic a crawling movement. You need to be close to the floor and you must engage your core throughout the workout.
Apart from these, you can do Knee Pull-ins, Russian Twists, Reverse Crunches, Jackknife Crunches, Side and Regular Plank, V-Tucks, Bicycle Crunches, Mountain Climbers etc.
Set 6: A little mix of each
Set 7: Rest
Mix and match these routines to make yourself the perfect workout program that can be done at home!