NHL Top 10 Teams Entering Week 14
With it now being 2018, the NHL teams will start to become more desperate as the playoff races start to heat up. It may feel like a long time from now, but the post-season is in a little bit over three months from now. Here are this week's top 10 NHL teams:
10. Toronto Maple Leafs: Toronto continue to float around in the standings. They haven't been playing their best hockey as of late, but they are still a top-10 team at the moment. Toronto's record is 23-15-2 with 48 points. Last week's ranking: 10.
9. New Jersey Devils: They lost to the Washington Capitals 5-2 on Saturday Night. Even though New Jersey have skidded a little bit, they are still a threat in the eastern conference. New Jersey had a bad 4-3 overtime loss on Friday night against the Buffalo Sabres. The Devils' record this season is 22-10-6 with 50 points. Last week's ranking: 3.
8. Boston Bruins: The Bruins might be one of the hottest teams in the NHL right now. The rookies are stepping up for Boston and that is huge. Bruce Cassidy is getting the best out of players and Tuukka Rask and Anton Khudobin are a solid goaltending duo this season. Boston's record is 21-10-6 with 48 points so far this season. Last week's ranking: not ranked.
7. St. Louis Blues: The Blues haven't been the same team without Jaden Schwartz. They have scored only 119 goals in 41 games this season. St. Louis' record is 24-15-2 with 50 points. Last week's ranking: 2.
6. Los Angeles Kings: They might be the least talked about team in the NHL right now and that might not be a bad thing. Los Angeles are a serious contender. They have one of the better goal differentials in the NHL with 115 goals scored and 91 goals given up. Los Angeles' record is 23-11-5 with 51 points. Last week's ranking: 6.
5. Washington Capitals: Washington continue to fly under the radar. They are playing like they have no pressure on them right now. Washington seem to be the most consisent team right now in the Metropolitan Division. Washington's record is 24-13-3 with 51 points . Last week's ranking: 9.
4. Nashville Predators: The Predators are 5-3-2 in their last ten games. Nashville love to play with speed and toughness. Filip Forsberg has been placed on injured reserve with an upper-body injury. He is a main component for the Predators offense as he leads the team with 34 points. P.K. Subban has the second most on the team with 29. Nashville's record is 23-10-5 with 51 points this season. Last week's ranking: 4.
3. Winnipeg Jets: The Jets have won three games in a row and they have scored 134 goals as a team so far this season. Winnipeg continue to cause headaches for opponents. Winnipeg's record is 23-11-6 with 52 points. Last week's ranking: 8.
2. Vegas Golden Knights: Isn't it crazy to think that an expansion team is a legit Stanley Cup contender right away? Vegas continue to be the most talked about team in the NHL. Vegas' record is 26-9-2 with 54 points. Last week's ranking: 5.
1.Tampa Bay Lightning: Tampa Bay continue to win and that is why they are the best team in the NHL. The Lightning have scored 144 goals and given up 96 goals so far this season. Nikita Kucherov (56 points) and Steven Stamkos (49 points) still lead the NHL in points. Tampa Bay's record is 28-8-2 with 58 points. Last week's ranking: 1.