Bellator 214 Results: Fedor Emelianenko destroyed in the main event, Jack Swagger's MMA debut and more
Bellator's first offering of 2019 is in the books, and it was epic from start to finish. Former WWE Superstar, Jack Swagger's MMA debut, the explosive Heavyweight Grand Prix final, and a host of upsets were the biggest highlights of the Bellator 214 card.
Lets not waste any more time and jump right into the results:
Bellator 214 prelims quick results
* Thor Skancke def. Jesse Merritt via submission (North-South Choke) (4:26, Round 1)
* Jesse Roberts def. A.J. Agazarm via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
* Weber Almeida def. Odan Chinchilla via TKO (punch) (3:04, Round 1)
* Art Rivas def. Sean Johnson via TKO (Strikers) (4:30, Round 1)
* Jay Jay Wilson def. Tyler Beneke via submission (Rear-Naked Choke) (1:31, Round 1)
* Ryan Lilley def. James Barnes via knockout (Head Kick) (1:30, Round 1)
* Craig Plaskett def. Ian Butler via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
* Desmond Torres def. Steve Ramirez via submission (Arm-Triangle Choke) (4:21, Round 1)
Unaired Fights: Osman Diaz vs. Christopher Reyes (190-pound catchweight), Jorge Juarez vs David Pacheco
#1 Brandon McMahan vs Adel Altamimi
Iraqi-born American Altamimi came out flanked by Chris Pratt and looked to extend his record of 7-5. McMahan was coming off two wins in his last three fights.
Round 1: The customary glove tap began the Bantamweight encounter. Altamimi caught McMahan with a left head kick to begin, as he looked to impose his size advantage early on in the fight.
McMahan clinched and pushed Altamimi into the cage. He attempted a take-down but broke free with heel kicks to the thigh.
Altamimi showed off his brilliant grip in the moments that followed as he swept McMahan and rolled him up into a Kimura. McMahan tried his best to wriggle out, but Altamimi held onto it like his life was dependent on it.
Referee Milan Ayers stepped in to stop the fight as soon as McMahan tapped out.
Adel Altamimi def. Brandon McMahan via Submission (Armbar) (1:16, Round 1)
Altamimi notched up his eighth first-round victory and was congratulated by good friend Chris Pratt of Guardians of Galaxy fame.
Nicknamed 'Kyokushin', Altamimi cut a John Cena like promo about not giving up in his post-fight interview, as he beamed with pride after pulling off a quick win in his Bellator debut. Having Star-Lord as a good-luck charm was just icing on the cake!
Certainly, a night to remember for Altamimi.