Universal Pictures dropped the first official teaser for Halloween Kills almost 11 months earlier. The same teaser fueled the excitement among fans and currently has over 1.4 million views on YouTube.
However, they had to wait until June of this year to get the official trailer of Halloween Kills. Needless to say, the snippet for the latest Michael Myers film was more than enough to send chills down everyone's spines.
Halloween kills looked like an appropriate follow-up to Universal Pictures' 2018 slasher film, Halloween. Michael Myers is all set to return to the silver screen in mid-October this year.
Halloween Kills: All about the upcoming Michael Myers slasher
When will the Halloween Kills release?
Halloween Kills was supposed to arrive on 16 October 2020. However, the Covid-19 pandemic threw in a spanner, postponing the release for almost a year. The movie finally premiered at the 78th Venice International Film Festival on 8 September 2021.
For the general audience, Halloween Kills will open in theaters on different dates around the globe. Here's the schedule for the film's arrival in cinemas:
- 14 October 2021 - Austria, Czechia, Germany, Denmark, Hungary, Cambodia, Mexico, Malaysia, Netherlands, Peru, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, and Ukraine
- 15 October 2021 - UAE, Bulgaria, Canada, Finland, UK, Ireland, Iceland, Norway, Poland, Sweden, Turkey, and the USA
- 20 October 2021 - Belgium and France
- 21 October 2021 - Argentina, Brazil, Italy, Russia, and Slovakia
- 22 October 2021- Spain and Lithuania
- 28 October 2021- Australia, New Zealand, and Singapore
- 29 October 2021- Japan
Apart from the theaters, Halloween Kills will also be released digitally in the USA.
When and where will Halloween Kills release online?
The Jamie Lee Curtis starrer will be released online on 15 October 2021, and will exclusively be available on NBCUniversal's Peacock. Fans will be able to catch the upcoming slasher for 60 days. Anyone with a premium or premium plus membership will have access to the film.
Halloween Kills: Runtime
Halloween Kills has a runtime of one hour and 46 minutes (106 minutes).
Cast and characters
The twelfth installment of the famous horror/slasher film franchise will have the following star cast:
- Jamie Lee Curtis as Laurie Strode
- James Jude Courtney and Nick Castle as Michael Myers / The Shape
- Airon Armstrong portrays a younger version of Michael Myers
- Judy Greer as Karen Nelson
- Andi Matichak as Allyson Nelson
- Will Patton as Deputy Frank Hawkins
- Thomas Mann as young Frank Hawkins
- Nancy Stephens as Marion Chambers
- Robert Longstreet as Lonnie Elam
- Tristian Eggerling as young Lonnie Elam
- Charles Cyphers as Leigh Brackett
- Dylan Arnold as Cameron Elam
- Anthony Michael Hall as Tommy Doyle
- Kyle Richards as Lindsey Wallace
- Jibrail Nantambu as Julian Morrisey
- Omar Dorsey as Sheriff Barker
- Brian F. Durkin as Deputy Graham
- David Lowe as Lance Tovoli
- Carmela McNeal as Vanessa
Directed by David Gordon Green
Characters such as Marion Chambers, Tommy Doyle, and Leigh Brackett are returning to the franchise and are being portrayed by either a new face or the same actor from the original film.
Fans need to remember that Halloween Kills is part of the series' fourth timeline. Therefore, they need to revisit certain films of the franchise before diving into this one.
To learn more about each Michael Myers timeline, viewers can click here.