Riot Games' latest update to Valorant, Patch 4.10, brings progress bar consistency to a comprehensive roster of agents, some pixel collision improvements to Haven, bug fixes, and a substantial gameplay system overhaul.
Since its release, Riot Games’ competitive 5v5 first-person shooter has become the go-to choice for competitive and casual esports. The title offers balanced gameplay paired with an easy-to-learn, hard-to-master gameplay loop.
The consistent updates by the developers refine the live-service title to offer a fair, competitive title that is perfect for esports.
This article takes a detailed look at Patch 4.10, the latest update to Valorant.
Valorant Patch 4.10 - Agent Updates
Agent Progress/Charge Bars - Moved to a consistent location and made a consistent size on the following Agents:
- Updated 3P model to increase detail and fidelity.
Valorant Patch 4.10 - Map Updates
Removed some pixel collisions in the following areas:
- Can no longer walk up the front of A site cover
- Can no longer jump onto the top of the C site cover without a boost ability
Valorant Patch 4.10 - Gameplay Systems
- Added a new Performance graph to display Shooting Error values for recent shots on the Client. This is the same information visible in the crosshair error settings but should help players better diagnose their performance after an engagement.
Gameplay Consistency Updates
For more information on the below performance graphs and bug fixes, please check out the Gameplay Consistency Update 2 article.
- Fixed an issue where ping or framerate spikes could cause an excessive move processing buffer to develop and persist for multiple seconds. While this was happening, you may have been experienced:
- Increased Server-side input latency could make inputs take longer to be applied than expected based on your ping.
- Additional delay in viewing other players could give you less time to react.
- In both cases, the additional latencies were not reflected in the current “Network RTT Avg/Max” graph or in-game scoreboard ping values.
- Added a new Performance graph showing “Network RTT Jitter” to help you understand if you're experiencing network issues not reflected in the Network RTT Avg/Max values
- Added new Performance graph "Network RTT + Processing Delays," which captures the effective latency you experience due to Network Round Trip Time, Server move processing, and Client move processing delays
Valorant Patch 4.10 - Bugs
- “Destroyed” Voice lines for deployable abilities will now be heard globally by allies. This includes:
- Chamber: Trademark and Rendezvous
- Killjoy: Turret and Alarmbot
- Cypher: Trapwire and Spycam
- Yoru: Gatecrash
- Fixed a bug where Neon’s High Gear would automatically stop after using Fast Lane or Relay Bolt
- Fixed issue where observers would see Viper’s enemies glow red when they were near but outside Viper’s Pit.
- Fixed Chamber’s Rendezvous radius not showing for spectators and observers
- Fixed Brimstone’s Incendiary (Q) feeling damage in chunks of 15 instead of 1 like the other zone damage abilities in the game
- Overall, DPS should be unchanged.
- Bugfix for some minor flickering occurring on Protocol weapon’s transparent line VFX when inspecting, ADSing, reloading, etc.
- Fixed a bug where agent-specific keybinds would sometimes not work properly even though the settings menu showed them as applied
- This fix went out in 4.09, but we wanted to make sure users on the live game weren’t experiencing issues in this area before calling it “fixed.”
- Fixed a bug where the combat report would rarely not show up for the game's entirety.
Valorant Patch 4.10 - Known Issues
- Spike plant and defuse bar are not shown for Observers with Minimal HUD enabled, even when spectating the Agent who is planting or defusing.
Valorant is a free-to-play title on Windows PC, and players can jump right in today from the Riot Games launcher.