COOKIE CONSENT
Write & Earn
Notifications
Favorites Edit

Kevin Pietersen sacking questioned by Stuart Broad

IANS
FEATURED WRITER
News
3.32K   //    11 Jan 2015, 23:33 IST
Kevin Pietersen has been left in the international wilderness for almost an year

London, Jan 11: England fast bowler Stuart Broad has questioned Kevin Pietersen's sacking saying the English and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) could have dropped the batsman instead of ending his international career.

Pietersen was discarded by ECB in February 2014 after their 0-5 Ashes defeat last year.

"I just think the sacking became a media uproar, it just seemed a bit unnecessary when every other player gets dropped for poor form, don't they," Broad was quoted as saying by bbc.com Sunday.

Broad also said the issue could have been handled differently by the ECB selectors, perhaps telling him to prove his worth in domestic matches.

"It could have been handled very differently by everyone," the 28-year-old pacer said.

"If I'd have been there I might have said: 'Look, that was such a disastrous Australia tour - all the players didn't perform to an international standard. You have to go and perform in county cricket at the start of the year to get back in the England team in May'.

"Then pick the team on players who went and performed and did their duties for their counties," he opined.

Fetching more content...