Every competitive multiplayer title comes with its own breed of in-game toxicity and disruptive behavior, and Overwatch 2 is no stranger to this phenomenon.
Ever since the release of a title earlier this week, the servers have been plagued with error codes, game-breaking bugs, and toxic disruptive behavior from other players.
While the latest franchise entry has a unique SMS protection feature that is specifically designed to protect players from in-game toxicity, there are times when players may sneak past the feature and purposely look to create trouble for others.
However, there are other things that fans can do to be able to deal with disruptive behavior in Overwatch 2. Players will be able to report, block as well as unblock others in the game, allowing them to have a better competitive experience in the shooter.
Today's guide will go over how players will be able to avail these features in Blizzard’s latest franchise entry.
Reporting and blocking other players in Overwatch 2
If players are being harassed in Overwatch 2, they will be able to report and block the miscreants to help Blizzard dish out a suspension or permanent ban for them.
To be able to use the feature, players can complete the following steps:
- Go to the Social tab from the main menu option of Overwatch 2 after you encounter players in the game who were toxic. After clicking on Recent Players from the option that is present at the top of the screen, search for the name of the player you want to report or block.
- Right-click the name of the highlighted player, and from the options that pop up, you can choose to either “Report” or “Block” the player.
- If you opt to Report the offender, then you will be asked to specify the reason why you are looking to do so. You will then be required to pick from the options of Abusive Chat, Gameplay Sabotage, Inactivity, Spam, Cheating, and Bad Battletag.
- You will need to pick the category that fits your complaint the most. After picking it, you will be required to click on Continue and confirm that this is the report that you will be going with.
- If you want to block others, you will just be required to click on the Block option and then confirm the request.
Unblocking players in Overwatch 2
Players often change their minds after blocking someone from their list and game history, and Overwatch 2 allows them to be able to easily unblock others.
To be able to do so, find the name of the player that you blocked by heading to the Recent Players tab and right-click on the name of the blocked player to get the unblock option.
After clicking on unblocking and confirming your choice, you will be able to unblock others from the list.