Activision has launched a new patch for Season 4 Reloaded that brings a massive weapon rebalance to Call of Duty: Warzone.
Call of Duty: Warzone has become one of the most played titles of the modern day. Launched back in 2020 as a free-to-play battle royale alternative to Modern Warfare, the game quickly gained popularity for its satisfying gunplay and movement mechanics. Warzone also crossed over with Black Ops Cold War. It is currently crossing over with Vanguard.
Without further ado, let’s take a look at the Call of Duty: Warzone Season 4 Reloaded patch notes, per Raven Software's official website.
Call of Duty: Warzone Season Four Reloaded - Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue that caused players to receive damage when entering the Gas due to a minor delay in the Gas Mask animation.
- Fixed an issue that caused the incorrect amount of Armor to be applied when equipping or picking up the Tempered or Specialist Perks.
- Fixed an issue that caused an unintentional lighting change on Caldera.
- Fixed an issue that caused the "Last Alive" Player Card to display the incorrect text.
- Fixed an issue that caused some Season Four Reloaded Calling Cards to display the incorrect text.
Call of Duty: Warzone Season Four Reloaded - Weapons
Mirzoyan 414mm Custom:
- Muzzle Velocity now increased by 35%
We’re seeing good early performance data come through from the Vargo-S (VG), but the Muzzle Velocity was holding its long-range viability back.
- Headshot Locational Damage multiplier decreased to 1.3, down from 1.5
- Shot Deviation Increased
KG M40 (VG)
- Headshot Locational Damage multiplier decreased to 1.32, down from 1.46
- Neck Locational Damage multiplier increased to 1.32, up from 1.3
As mentioned previously, our philosophy is to address the damage profile of weapons that are designed to be easier to control. The KG M40 (VG) has started to rear its head as the front-runner. This is mostly due to the reliability of landing headshots and has one of the highest head-shot accuracies in the game. By bringing this down, we expect to see the weapon perform well but not dominate.
- Min Damage decreased to 21, down from 22
- Damage Range Penalty increased to -25%, down from -10%
- Muzzle Velocity Penalty increased to -20%, down from -10%
- Vertical Recoil Penalty increased to -21%, down from -12%
Krausnick 428mm 05V:
- Damage Range decreased to 26%, down from 40%
We love seeing the Volkssturmgewehr (VG) start to find its place in the meta but are seeing its long-range efficiency become higher and higher. This indicates that more players have found accurate long-range builds with the weapon. A small adjustment in its min-damage reinforces the weapon's identity as a powerhouse of close-to-mid range but can be used at range when needed.
- Min Damage decreased to 22, down from 23
While we’re thrilled to see the “return of the king,” we’ve seen a high jump in KD, particularly in the higher skilled brackets on the smaller maps. This is due to the relative ease of recoil that the kilo enables. While we like its handling where it is, as with the KG M40, we’ll be addressing its damage profile downward a bit.
Some of the more recent additions to the Submachine Gun category have been dominant and reduced the once great breadth that was on offer. This is mostly due to far superior handling. We’re making some strategic changes here in order to keep the weapons viable but open up the short-range meta back to its former glory.
Armaguerra 43 (VG)
- ADS Movement Speed Scale decreased to 1.36, down from 1.4
.30 Russian Short 34 Round Mags:
- Damage Range penalty increased to -25%, down from -14%
8mm Kurz 72 Round Mags:
- Damage Range decreased to 5%, down from 10%
- Movement Speed scalar penalty increased to -5%, down from -4.2%
Imerito 18mm Short:
- ADS Movement Speed Bonus decreased to 18%, down from 20%
Marco 5 (VG)
- ADS Transition In/Out Time increased to 200ms, up from 190ms
- Vertical Recoil Increased
H4 Blixen (VG)
- Max Damage reduced to 39, down from 40
- Max Damage range decreased to 8 meters, down from 9 meters
- ADS Transition In/Out Time increased to 210ms, up from 190ms
Bergstrom 17” F3:
- Muzzle Velocity decreased to 35%, down from 50%
- Movement speed increase removed, down from 3%
- ADS movement speed increase removed, down from 6%
7.62 Gorenko 54 Round Mag:
- Movement Speed now decreased by 2%
- ADS Transition In/Out time scalar decreased to -3%, down from 2%
Handgun Echo (MW)
- Neck Torso Damage Multiplier decreased to 1.0, down from, 1.1
- Upper Torso Damage Multiplier decreased to 1.0, down from, 1.1
- Lower Torso Damage Multiplier decreased to 1.0, down from, 1.1
We’d like to see a headshot thrown into the mix to achieve that 3 shot to kill time while in its max damage range. This should more fairly reward aiming shots with the Handgun Echo (MW).
Light Machine Guns
16" CGC Shrouded:
- Damage Range Penalty decreased to -20%, up from -30%
28" Gracey Mk. 9:
- Damage Range increased to 30%, up from 15%
.303 British 45 Round Mags:
- Damage Range Penalty decreased to -10%, up from -20%
VLK Rogue (MW)
- Max Pellet Damage decreased to 38, down from 60
- Min Pellet Damage increased to 15, up from 14
Call of Duty: Warzone Season Four Reloaded - Attachments
Brace Gun Perk
- Recoil Control decreased to 3%, down from 4%
Call of Duty: Warzone is available on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5 and PC via Battle.net.