5 key stats after an enthralling 2015 Monaco Grand Prix
2.28K // 25 May 2015, 13:16 IST
With the Monaco Grand Prix coming to a close last night, here are 5 interesting statistics in the history of the Monaco GP:
- Nico Rosberg of Germany has now won for three years in succession in Monaco, a feat only three other men in history - Graham Hill, Alain Prost and Ayrton Senna - have achieved.
- Rosberg also moved level with Stirling Moss and Jackie Stewart in terms of overall wins in Monaco, with three. Only Senna (6), Graham Hill and Michael Schumacher (both 5) and Prost (4) have won more.
- Rosberg's fourth podium in a row here, after he finished second in 2012 and then embarked upon his winning run. Lewis Hamilton, Sebastian Vettel and Fernando Alonso have also claimed four podiums here, but of that trio only Alonso has won more than once.
- Fernando Alonso recorded his first DNF in the Principality since 2004. Alonso's retirement also ended a run of 10 consecutive points finishes here.
- Hamilton also became only the second polesitter in the last decade to not go on and claim victory in the Monaco GP. Ironically, the last time it happened he was the beneficiary, coming through from third on the grid to claim victory in a wet race in 2008.