#4 European Grand Prix 2012 (Valencia)
These were the facts of the race:
- Alonso started the race in P11
- Ever since its inception, Valencia had been criticized for the lack of overtaking during races
- Ferrari had a horrible car at that juncture which was in no way close to being the fastest car on the grid
- Red Bull, Lotus, Williams and Mclaren had all shown better pace than Ferrari during the weekend
- When the chequered flag fell, it was Alonso who was leading the race from Kimi Raikkonen.
It was a race in which no one on the grid would've given Alonso a chance to even score a podium, let alone win the race. But an amazing start and his ability to overtake almost everybody at the restart meant Alonso was able to achieve an almost impossible result - the magnitude of which even brought the Samurai to tears.Published 06 Nov 2018, 23:26 IST