1. Adam Johnson was born on 14th July 1987 in Sunderland, England.
2. Johnson played for Cleveland Juniors Football Club as a youngster and scored 2 brilliant goals at Wembley during a 7 a side match which caused Fulham legend Johnny Haynes to remark: “You’re a great little player. You’ve got a lovely left foot.”
3. Johnson was signed by Newcastle United as a 10-year-old but left them to join Middlesbrough’s youth academy 2 years later and was part of the Boro team that won the FA Youth Cup in 2004.
4. The midfielder made his debut for Middlesbrough on 17th March 2005 at the age of 17 against Sporting Lisbon.
5. In 2007 Johnson joined Watford on a three month loan where he scored 5 goals in 12 games.
6. Johnson joined Manchester City on 1st February 2010 on a four-and-a-half year deal.
7. The player was an integral part of City’s 2011-2012 title winning season where he appeared 38 times scoring 7 goals.
8. Johnson has appeared 11 times for the England national team scoring 2 goals against Bulgaria and Switzerland in September 2010 which helped the Three Lions qualify for Euro 2012.
9. The 26-year-old joined Sunderland for a fee of £10 million on 24th August 2012.
10. Johnson scored his first hat-trick for Sunderland on 11th January 2014 in a 4-1 win against Fulham which helped him earn the Premier League Player of the Month award.