COOKIE CONSENT
Create
Notifications
Favorites Edit

Ancelotti rules out Ronaldo swoop

AFP
ANALYST
News
1.22K   //    29 Dec 2012, 00:02 IST

ROME (AFP) –

Cristiano Ronaldo reacts at La Rosaleda stadium in Malaga on December 22, 2012

Real Madrid’s Portuguese forward Cristiano Ronaldo reacts during the Spanish league football match Malaga CF vs Real Madrid at La Rosaleda stadium in Malaga on December 22, 2012. Paris Saint Germain coach Carlo Ancelotti has ruled out making a bid to bring Ronaldo to the French capital, Turin daily La Stampa quoted him as saying Friday.

Paris Saint Germain coach Carlo Ancelotti has ruled out making a bid to bring Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo to the French capital, Turin daily La Stampa quoted him as saying Friday.

“This possibility is ruled out. There is not sufficient cash available and there also has to be a willing seller,” the Italian said.

He was responding to a report in Spanish sports daily AS that the Portuguese striker might come to Paris in a scenario which would see Real coach Jose Mourinho replace Ancelotti at the Parc des Princes.

La Gazzetta dello Sport said two months ago that PSG was mulling a 100 million euros bid for Ronaldo and reported that officials from the two clubs had already held talks.

The Gazzetta also claimed Ronaldo’s agent Jorge Mendes had set up a meeting between top PSG officials, Real chairman Florentino Perez and Ronaldo himself to broker a possible deal.

Topics you might be interested in:
AFP
ANALYST
Fetching more content...