Arsenal vs Newcastle United Preview
Arsenal are in fifth place in the Premier League standings and have staged a recovery after a poor start to their season. The Gunners slumped to a 4-0 defeat against Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool juggernaut in their previous game and will want to bounce back this weekend.
Newcastle United, on the other hand, are a club in turmoil and are in desperate need of a string of victories at the moment. The Magpies are rooted to the bottom of the league table at the moment but did manage a 3-3 draw against Brentford last week.
Arsenal vs Newcastle United Head-to-Head
- Newcastle United do not have a good record against Arsenal and have won 67 out of 187 matches played between the two teams, as opposed to the Gunners' 82 victories.
- Arsenal have won 16 of their last 17 Premier League games against Newcastle United and have dominated the Magpies in the recent past.
- Newcastle United manager Eddie Howe has suffered defeat in his last five games at the Emirates Stadium and has just managed five out of a possible 30 points against Arsenal in the Premier League.
- Arsenal have scored 12 goals in their last five Premier League games against Newcastle United and have kept clean sheets in all these matches.
- In the Premier League era, Arsenal have won 32 out of 52 league games against Newcastle United, scoring an impressive 88 goals.
- Arsenal went on a 10-game unbeaten streak in all competitions before their Premier League defeat against Liverpool last weekend.
Arsenal vs Newcastle United Prediction
Arsenal have been fairly impressive under Mikel Arteta this season and will be intent on a top-four finish in the coming months. The Gunners have built a formidable squad this year and will need to take all three points away from this fixture.
Newcastle United, on the other hand, are struggling to cope with their issues both on and off the pitch and cannot afford another debacle this weekend. Arsenal are the better team at the moment, however, and should be able to win this game.
Prediction: Arsenal 3-1 Newcastle United
Arsenal vs Newcastle United Betting Tips
Tip 1 - Result: Arsenal
Tip 2 - Goals over/under 2.5 - Over 2.5 goals
Tip 3 - Emile Smith Rowe to score anytime: YES
ALSO READArticle Continues below
Tip 4 - Arsenal to score first: YES