Create
Notifications
New User posted their first comment
Advertisement

Atletico give Bernard €25 million price tag

IANS
NEWS
Modified 27 Jul 2013, 15:34 IST
News
Advertisement

Rio de Janeiro, July 27 (IANS)

Bernard of Atletico MG drives the ball during a match between Atletico MG and Olimpia as part of the final of the Copa Bridgestone Libertadores at the Mineirao Stadium on July 24, 2013 in Belo Horozionte, Brazil. (Photo by Bernardo Salce/Agencia i7/LatinContent/Getty Images)

Atletico Mineiro director Eduardo Maluf has warned European clubs will need to offer at least €25 million to prise away star football midfielder Bernard.

The 20-year-old Brazil international is reportedly being courted by Arsenal, Chelsea, Borussia Dortmund, Porto and Shakhtar Donetsk, reports Xinhua.

“The president (Alexandre Kalil) has already made very clear. If an offer of 25 million euros arrives, he is going to sell and we will buy another player,” Atletico director Eduardo Maluf told Radio Globo Friday.

“If that offer does not come, Bernard will stay at Atletico. He is young and can leave at the end of the year.”

Bernard capped a fine 12 months by helping the Brazilian outfit win their first Copa Libertadores title Wednesday over Paraguay’s Olimpia.

He was also a member of Luiz Felipe Scolari’s Brazil side that won the Confederations Cup in June.

Earlier this week Bernard confirmed he had received offers from Shakhtar and Porto but said the club would decide his future.

Published 27 Jul 2013, 15:34 IST
Advertisement
Fetching more content...
App download animated image Get the free App now
❤️ Favorites Edit