Chelsea Transfer News: Chelsea agree deal for Argentine star, Blues want to bring back former defender - Monday, January 14th, 2018
After the disappointing transfer campaigns of the last two winter windows, Chelsea have been seemingly more active this time around. Already, Christian Pulisic has been signed on for next season and there are strong stories linking the Blues to younger players across the European continent.
It is not a one-way street as there have been outgoings as well. Already, Spanish midfielder, Cesc Fabregas has made the move to AS Monaco and more are expected to follow.
Maurizio Sarri's men have been good (not great) so far in the league. They are currently sitting pretty in 4th place, 6 points above Arsenal and Manchester United.
The Italian manager has true to form, picked largely the same team to execute the league campaign so far. This has led to dissatisfaction within the ranks among the players who have been left out.
Here is a look at some of the latest transfer stories/news concerning the club:
#1 Blues ready to sign talented Argentine midfielder
Central midfield is one area that the Blues are presently well-stocked. However, it seems the numbers/quality are not to Sarri's liking.
Consequently, rumours have emerged that Chelsea has identified Argentine international, Leonardo Paredes as the ideal candidate to join Jorginho and N'Golo Kante in the midfield.
The 24-year-old has long been seen as one of a new generation of Argentine midfielders currently emerging; youngsters who combine both creative and defensive attributes. He had joined the Russian giants just last summer in a €23m deal from AS Roma.
However, he is said to have grown disillusioned with life in Russia and is eager to make the switch to London and the Premier League.
According to the Daily Express, Chelsea's transfer head, Mariana Granovskaia has submitted a €30m bid for Paredes' signature. A yearly salary of €4.5m is said to have been agreed with the player himself for a 4-year deal.
Apparently, all that remains is for Zenit to agree to the deal.
#2 Belgian striker to go out on loan (again)
A lot of expectations were had when Chelsea signed Michy Batshuayi from Olympique Marseille for £33m in 2016. The Belgian had been seen as the perfect complement for Diego Costa. He was expected to add depth to the team's striking options.
However, it has gone horribly wrong for the striker at Stamford Bridge. It seems he is not in Sarri's plans and may be on his way for his third loan spell in just a year. According to Goal.com, it seems the club has agreed to a deal that will take the Batsman to the French principality on a 6-month loan.
He did well on loan at Borussia Dortmund last season. However, the German club was said to have baulked at Chelsea's asking price of £50m to make the transfer permanent. Batshuayi's loan spell at Valencia was less successful as he struggled to get in coach Marcelino's team, a situation which forced the Spanish side to cancel the deal 6 months early.
#3 Blues ready bring back former defender
The number of players who have had to leave Stamford Bridge for regular game-time seems to be increasing by the year. However, it seems the club has realized the error of its ways and will attempt to bring back some of its players.
The latest EPL Transfer News is that David Luiz will not be given a new contract. This is in line with the club's policy on over-30 contracts. As such, he will become a free agent in the summer.
To replace him, the Blues have targeted former youth product, Nathan Ake tas a replacement. The Dutch international had joined the club as a 16-year-old from Feyernood in 2011. However, he found chances to come by and was sold to Bournemouth for £20m in 2016.
According to The Sun, Chelsea had inserted a buy-back clause when he was sold to the Cherries. This means that he could return to Stamford Bridge this month in a £40m deal.
Follow Sportskeeda for the latest Chelsea transfer news and rumors.