Chelsea transfer news: Real Madrid plotting record move for Hazard; Vidal, Conte set for reunion and more - 1st January 2018
Real Madrid willing to smash British transfer record to sign Eden Hazard
Eden Hazard, who has been linked with a move to the La Liga for quite some time now, rejected a contract extension at Chelsea last week.
According to ESPN, the Spanish giants are now planning a record £120m move for the 26-year-old Belgian. Hazard, whose current deal expires in 2020, was left out of Saturday's starting XI against Stoke and was not even used as a substitute by Antonio Conte.
The Blues are willing to make Hazard the best-paid player in the club’s history but the winger's father Thierry Hazard confirmed that his son turned down Chelsea's offer to keep the Real Madrid option open.
The former Lille man was offered a long-term deal to stay at Stamford Bridge that would have seen him picking up a weekly wage of £300,000 but Hazard seems determined to work under Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane.
Willian says no to reunion with Jose Mourinho
Willian has been linked with a move to Manchester United, Barcelona and Brazilian club Palmeiras in the last few months but the 29-year-old claims that he has no plans of leaving Chelsea in the near future.
According to metro.co.uk, Willian assured Chelsea fans that he is very happy with his role at Stamford Bridge.
"There was never a contact made with Palmeiras, that’s why I decided to reply politely. I just want people to make sure that they know I am very happy at Chelsea," Willian said.
The former Shakhtar Donetsk winger has spent four years with the Blues and is currently tied down until 2020.
Vidal, Conte reunion is on the cards
As reported by The Express, Antonio Conte could be reunited with Bayern Munich star Arturo Vidal this summer.
With the Bundesliga club securing Schalke midfielder Leon Goretzka, it is quite likely that Vidal could be Chelsea bound.
Vidal, with whom Conte won three Serie A titles, could be an invaluable asset in Chelsea's 3-4-3 formation as a box-to-box player behind the strikers.
The 30-year-old from Chile, whose contract with the German club runs until 2019, could move to Stamford Bridge for an expected fee of £60 million.
Courtois has an agreement in place with Real Madrid
There have been reports that Chelsea are trying to convince Thibaut Courtois to sign a five-year contract extension by offering an improvement on his current £100,00-a-week, that would make him the highest-paid goalkeeper in the world.
However, according to the Daily Star, the goalkeeper has reached a transfer agreement with Real Marid.
Courtois, who has just one year left on his current deal, is expected to replace Keylor Navas at the end of the season.
The 25-year-old's ex-girlfriend lives in Madrid with their two children and the former Atletico goalkeeper considers the Spanish capital as his home and wants a return to be with his family.
If the Belgian rejects Chelsea's offer, Conte, who is already eyeing replacements, would initiate talks with Sevilla's Sergio Rico and Atletico's Jan Oblak.