England U19 squad to face Finland in November
The England U19s are set to pack their bags and head to Telford to face Finland in a friendly. Noel Blake will call upon some of the players who he viewed at the recent England U18 friendly, while he recalls several familiar faces from recent squads that he’s managed (or been a part of the coaching staff with). It will be the England U19s last match of the calendar year.
The most notable inclusion is Adam Webster of Portsmouth who was called up to the England U19 squad back in September but withheld due to first team club requirements. Webster was able to feature for England as part of the aforementioned U18 squad a few weeks later and will now make the step up alongside the likes of Adebayo Azeez and Jacob Murphy.
What stands out the most is that this latest England U19 squad calls heavily on Football League players, with Southampton being the only Premier League team with more than one call-up. An interesting development.
On a side-note, Arsenal fans should keep an eye out for Glen Kamara (formerly Glen Roberts) who is part of the Finland U19 setup. He joined Arsenal over the summer from Southend United.
Tuesday, 13, November 2012, The New Bucks Head Stadium, AFC Telford United
- Ben Garratt (Crewe Alexandra)
- Jordan Pickford (Sunderland)
- Eric Dier (Sporting Lisbon)
- Jack O’Connell (Blackburn Rovers)
- Daniel Potts (West Ham United)
- Jack Stephens (Southampton)
- John Stones (Barnsley)
- Adam Webster (Portsmouth)
- Calum Chambers (Southampton)
- Raheem Hanley (Blackburn Rovers)
- John Lundstram(Everton)
- Nathan Redmond (Birmingham City)
- James Ward-Prowse (Southampton)
- Jordi Hiwula-Mayifuila (Manchester City) *
- Jack Barmby (Manchester United)
- Max Clayton (Crewe Alexandra) **
- Dominic Samuel (Reading)
- Blair Turgott (West Ham United)
* Adebayo Azeez replaces Jordi Hiwula-Mayifuila (Manchester City) who is withdrawn with injury.
** Jacob Murphy replaces Max Clayton (Crewe Alexandra) who is withdrawn with injury.