EPL stats preview: Matchweek 5 – Chelsea vs Fulham
Jose Mourinho comes into this game on the back of two straight defeats, but, so far, he has never lost a Premier League home game as Chelsea manager. Fernando Torres could start up front for Chelsea after the player failed to make the matchday squad for Chelsea’s Champions League defeat to Basel on Wednesday.
On the other hand, Fulham faces an uphill task considering their recent patchy form which slots them in 14th place with one win, a draw and two losses so far in their first four matches. Striker Darren Bent is still suffering with an injury, so Dimitar Berbatov is set to start as Fulham’s only striker at Stamford Bridge.
Let’s have a look at what stats have to offer for Chelsea vs Fulham
- With seven points from four games, Chelsea have made their worst start to a Premier League season since Roman Abramovich bought the club in 2003.
- Chelsea have drawn their last 3 home matches against Fulham in all competitions.
- Chelsea have kept a clean sheet in 5 of their last 7 matches against Fulham in all competitions.
- Eden Hazard has played 90 minutes of every Chelsea league game so far this season. He has created 12 chances in the opening four games, the highest of any player in the division.
- Chelsea have not lost this fixture at home since October 1979, when Fulham won 2-0 in the old Second Division.
- Fulham have not beaten Chelsea in the league since the 2005/06 season.