Pre-season matches have been coming thick and fast, and teams are looking to add one or two missing pieces to their squads that would help them compete for silverware.With only a few days togo for the new season,here are the top transfer rumours of the day:
- Liverpool are close to securing deals for Spanish full-backs Alberto Moreno from Sevilla and Javier Manquilo from Atletico Madrid with chief executive Ian Ayre having flown to Spain to complete the transfers.
- Following the £20 million signing of Dejan Lovren, Danish centre-back Daniel Agger’s future at the club is in a doubt, with both Barcelona and home town club Brondby interested in securing his services, reports the Daily Mail.
- Arsène Wenger admitted the Arsenal captain Thomas Vermaelen could leave the club before the close of the transfer window, with both Barcelona and Manchester United said to be keen on the Belgian’s signature.
- Arsenal are close to agreeing a transfer fee for Sporting Lisbon’s William Carvalho, a week after having a £24 million bid rejected for the Portuguese midfielder.
- Arsene Wenger has quashed reports of Joel Campbell leaving Arsenal this summer, insisting the young forward is in his plans for the new season.
#4 Manchester United
#5 Manchester City
- According to sources, Manchester City are in talks over a shock 6-month loan deal for former Chelsea midfielder and club legend Frank Lampard, who recently joined new MLS outfit New York City Football Club.
- Manchester City chief executive Ferran Soriano has hinted that Manchester City are hoping to complete their one last summer deal, with only a centre-back required to complete their squad. Long-term target Elaquim Mangala is said to be the player of interest.
#6 Barcelona and Real Madrid
- According to the Mirror, Barcelona look set to have fended off interest from Manchester United for the signing of Colombian World Cup star Juan Cuadrado.
- Real Madrid are keeping tabs on Monaco striker Radamel Falcao despite reports of Karim Benzema agreeing a new deal at the Bernabeu.