Footballing terms that should find a place in the Oxford dictionary
1) Zlatanize (Verb): To utterly pulverize. In Style. Preferably by Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
Example: England were Zlatanized by Sweden; By God PSG are Zlatanizing their opponents!; What a Zlatanising free kick!
Invented due to Zlatan Ibrahimovic
2) To do a Ramos (Phrase): To send a football into orbit in outer space using the simple penalty kick.
Example: I dont believe it, Andrea Pirlo did a Ramos!
Invented due to Sergio Ramos
3) Torres Goal (Noun): Miracle! Miracle! Hallelujah! Miracle!
Example: Oh my goodness Chelsea are ahead! Its a Torres Goal!
Invented due to Fernando Torres
4) Messimate (Verb): Pretty much similar to decimate. Completely destroy something or someone.
Example: Barcelona is Messimating their rivals. So whats new?; Messi will Messimate all records!
Invented due to Lionel Messi.
5) Pepefy (Verb): To mix up the WWE and Defensive football to the point of lethal effectiveness.
Example: What a Pepefying tackle it was!; Looks like he tried to Pepefy the opposing striker.
Invented due to Képler Ferreira i.e. Pepe
6)New Ronaldinho (Noun): Ultimate word of praise, meaning just one thing: Sheer awesomeness.
Example: Looks like Player X is a New Ronaldinho!
Invented due to Ronaldo de Assis Moreira (Ronaldinho Gaucho. And if you dont know Ronaldinho, you’re a disgrace to Football)
7) Terryble (Noun): That feeling you get when your wife is alone at your house, and John Terry has just been spotted going inside.
Example: What happened to Wayne Bridge was so Terryble.
Invented due to John Terry
8) Baleing (Verb): Diving, stimulation etc. Also see Bale (Noun): Dive. Both often used in the Premier League.
Example: Was he just Baleing to get a penalty?!; What a Blatant Bale that was!
Invented due to Gareth Bale (4 bookings for stimulation this season)