Mallorca are set to play Real Madrid at the Visit Mallorca Stadium on Monday in La Liga.
Mallorca come into this game on the back of a 4-3 loss to Eduardo Coudet's Celta Vigo in La Liga. First-half goals from Brazilian midfielder Thiago Galhardo and Spain international Denis Suarez and a second-half brace from experienced striker Iago Aspas sealed the deal for Celta Vigo, who had right-back Hugo Mallo sent off in the second-half.
Goals from Uruguayan right-back Giovanni Gonzalez and veteran midfielder Salva Sevilla and an own goal from Ghanaian centre-back Joseph Aidoo proved to be a mere consolation for Mallorca, who had goalkeeper Manolo Reina sent off late in the second-half.
Real Madrid, on the other hand, beat Mauricio Pochettino's Paris Saint-Germain 3-1 in the second leg of the Round of 16 in the UEFA Champions League. A second-half hat-trick from French superstar Karim Benzema secured the win for Real Madrid. A first-half goal from star forward Kylian Mbappe proved to be a mere consolation for Paris Saint-Germain.
Mallorca vs Real Madrid Head-to-Head and Key Numbers
- In 16 head-to-head encounters between the two sides, Real Madrid hold the clear advantage. They have won 10 games.
- Mallorca have won four games, with other two ending in draws.
- The departure of Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi may have hurt La Liga's quality, but it has made Karim Benzema the best forward in Spain. The France international is finally getting the recognition he deserves for his quality. Benzema has scored 20 league goals and provided 10 assists so far.
- Brazilian winger Vinicius Junior is enjoying what can be categorised as his breakout season. The 21-year old has registered 13 league goals for Real Madrid.
- For Mallorca, midfielder Dani Rodriguez has done well, scoring three goals and providing two assists.
Mallorca vs Real Madrid Prediction
Mallorca are currently 16th in the league, and have lost their last four league games. They are two points ahead of 18th-placed Cadiz, who have played a game more.
Real Madrid, on the other hand, will be brimming with confidence after their stunning victory against Paris Saint-Germain in the UEFA Champions League. It is never possible to discount Real Madrid from any tournament, and their squad, despite being weaker compared to their glorious past, boasts players of incredible quality and experience capable of producing game-changing moments.
Real Madrid should win.
Prediction: Mallorca 1-3 Real Madrid
Mallorca vs Real Madrid Betting Tips
Tip 1: Result- Real Madrid
Tip 2: goals over / under 2 goals- over 2 goals
Tip 3: Karim Benzema to score: YES
Paul Merson has predicted the results for Chelsea vs Tottenham and other GW 2 fixtures! Click here