- Manchester City’s 2-1 defeat at the hands of Chelsea saw them lose ground in the title race and manager Manuel Pellegrini will be demanding his players pick themselves up following the loss.
- Much has been made over Fernando Torres‘ eventual winner, but Joe Hart and Matija Nastasic are expected to keep their place in the starting XI, despite both being at fault for the Spaniard’s goal.
- Vincent Kompany is doubtful and may be available for the welcome of Norwich, but is expected not to be risked as he recovers from a thigh strain.
- Stevan Jovetic was replaced by Álvaro Negredo 10 minutes into City’s Capital One Cup win over Newcastle United and is likely to miss out.
- Norwich City were unlucky not to come away from the 0-0 draw with Cardiff City with all 3 points following an inspired performance from Bluebirds goalkeeper David Marshall.
- The Canaries, however, will face a much tougher task against Manchester City and will have to do so without the services of Elliott Bennett, Robert Snodgrass and Alexander Tettey, with all 3 players injured.
- Johan Elmander is expected to come in to provide support to Ricky van Wolfswinkel, while Leroy Fer and Jonathan Howson may drop deeper to form a double-pivot in front of the defence.
- Manchester City have won all 4 of their league games at home this season and will be eager to keep up their impressive form in Manchester with the welcome of Norwich City. Sergio Agüero, who netted at the weekend, will be the key man to the Citizens, with the Argentine having scored 4 goals in 3 league starts against Norwich.
- The Canaries were the last away team to taste victory at the the Etihad Stadium, with their 3-2 win over City proving to be Roberto Mancini’s last in charge. However, Norwich have won just 1 on the road this term and conceded 4 in their last away game in the defeat to Arsenal.
- City have won 5 of their last 6 meetings against Norwich in all competitions are they’re expected to heap further pressure on Canaries boss Chris Hughton with a win here.
Manchester City 3 - 0 NorwichPublished 31 Oct 2013, 16:54 IST